Saturday 25 December 2010

Internal Hard Drive - internal hard drive, protective case


I ordered 4 of these covers and im about to place another order for 2.

I want to keep my HDDs safe since i do a lot of switching using Thermal Take's Dock.



Please note that this is not a shock resistant cover.

It only keeps your 3.5 HDD drive safe from dust and stuff falling on it.

The HDD fits firmly inside with no movement.

The material is hard see through plastic.

I find my HDDs to be safer in these covers rather than being outside with no protection at all.



The stacking ability is very nice, i managed to stack 4 covers on top of each other on a shelf.

Great product.



Hope this review helps. IO Crest 3.5-Inch IDE/SATA HDD Storage Box SY-ACC35009 (Orange)

These sure beat the factory anti-static bags for storing your drives! I shopped around and found these to be the best value and I'm happy with the three I have, though I wonder how long the plastic latches will last. They close tightly and immobilize the drive within the case, even if it's a low-profile drive that leaves a lot of space between the drive and the side walls.



Unfortunately, the little Styrofoam pad in the lid that provides the tension to stop the drive from moving is the only padding in the case. t's somewhat obvious by looking at the product, but it's worth mentioning that these case offer little shock protection. But since that's not really what they are advertised to do, it's forgivable.

I bought some white ones by another brand and they bent inward, making it hard to slide in the drive without scraping it. These are stiff and square, and excellent value for the money. I bought three more to replace the old white ones.

This box works ok, but it's pretty basic. The little bit of padding in the lid is not enough to protect the drive, it just keeps it from sliding around. The boxes don't stack well, and there's no provision for labeling the boxes. At $6 a box, I feel it's overpriced but it's the least expensive HD box on Amazon. Shipping from RedTagTown was fast.

I was looking for ways to store internal hard drives and was about to buy those anti static bags, but luckily I saw this. I too use a hard drive dock and this little case is cheap and does a good job of storing your internal hard drives when they aren't in use. The case feels solid and the hard drive is a perfect fit with no wiggle room.



The only thing I didn't like is that the plastic latch is a little hard to open when you don't have longer finger nails. But you can argue that it keeps the case from accidentally opening so that is a positive too. - Internal Hard Drive - Hard Drive Case - Sata - Protective Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Internal Hard Drive - internal hard drive, protective case hard drive case Internal Hard Drive - internal hard drive, protective case