Tuesday 28 December 2010

Sd Card Reader - multi-card reader, memory card reader


Got this item today, just plugged it in, inserted my card and Vista recognized it right away. It's working flawlessly. I tested it with a SanDisk Ultra II 16GB SDHC card and a Ultra II 4GB SD card. Super fast transfer rate (for those using the RAW format). I haven't used the other slots since I only use SD cards. Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black)

I was looking for a small portable Compact Flash (CF) and SDHC card reader for my netbook and came across this Transcend branded card reader. It is quite small and portable, uses a standard mini-usb cable which is easily replaced if the included cord is lost, and its performance is excellent. I tested this card reader against the built-in USB 2.0 CF card reader in my Dell flat panel monitor, and the Transcend reader tests out at almost twice the read speed of the Dell reader that I have been using up to this point. My guess is write speed is similarly fast, but I didn't test that as I normally only write to these cards in my camera.



My only criticism and it is a struggle to even come up with this, is that the 24" USB cable provided with the reader is white and so it looks a bit odd when plugged into the black card reader. But that is only an aesthetic criticism which in the end doesn't really count.



I was very surprised and pleased with the performance of this item as it far exceeded my expectations, and I would be shocked if it could be substantially outperformed by other readers at any price! The construction is very nice, it is small so it doesn't take up much room when travelling, and is a great item for a very low price. Buy one today ... I am going to buy another in fact so that I have a spare in my portable bag.

The card reader is amazingly fast. Just plug it into the computer, put the photo card in the proper slot and the photographs are transferred to the computer. I am very happy with how fast it works.

Believe me, i used lots of card reader within last two years. But this item has got some built-in exclusive features that makes it a totally different one. It looks great, it performs even better than any other card readers available in market. Specially if you dont have any adapter of some kind of cards (Memory stick pro, Memory stick pro duo, SD, Micro SD etc), in that cases this card reader also performs great. I purchased it specially for iPad camera connection kit. Every time i amazed with this reader 'cause it reacts within seconds with my iPad. I am very happy with Transcend because i have got something better item for my iPad. Thank you.

This is a very good memory card reader, from my experience. I am using it on a MacBook Pro, and I haven't had any particular problems. I do with this card reader would move data more quickly, but it is much faster than other card readers that I have used in the past. Below, I have made a list of the types of memory cards that I have used this reader to pull data from, and it seems to recognize them all just as quickly and transfer the data from each just as quickly as the next. Again, I wish it transferred the data more quickly than it does, but it is easily 2 or 3 times faster than any other multi-card reader that I have owned, but I suspect there is additional potential for increased speed transfer that would fall within the potential of USB 2.0.



Here are the memory cards that I have used with this card reader to get data onto my Apple MacBook Pro:

-Transcend 32GB Compact Flash 400X

-Dane-Elec 16GB Compact Flash (speed unknown)

-Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10

-SanDisk Extreme 8GB SDHC Class 10 (30MB/s)

-SanDisk Exreme III 4GB SDHC Class 6



Like I said, this Transcend card reader recognizes them pretty quickly, and appears to download from them at approximately the same speed. The only one that has a noticeable difference in download speed are the Compact Flash cards (CF cards). Both the Transcend 32GB CF card and the Dane-Elec 16GB CF card read significantly more slowly than the SD/SDHC/SDXC cards read. I expected the Dane-Electric to be slow (because I don't know what speed it is rated for)... and the Transcend CF gets read so slowly which is surprising because it is rates for such a high speed.

Good price, well built and fast. The only thing that I don't like it is the Photo Recovery solfware. You need to have 20 some digits S/N number to make it work, and my S/N number is much shorter than that. So, forget about that, I am just happy about the card reader.

I'm using this on a MacBook Pro with a SanDisk Extreme IV CF card. To measure transfer rate and nothing else (like the speed of the computer's hard disk), I copied 103 RAW files from the card to the "null device". There were 103 files for a total of 1.24GB:



~$ cp -r /Volumes/NIKON\ D300/ /dev/null



I'm seeing a steady 34.8MB/s, which is OUTSTANDING. That's basically as fast as you'll ever see disk data move over USB.

It's a full 4X faster than my old Lexar reader. There isn't a cover for the slots, so you probably want to keep it in a little ziploc bag like me. - Multi-card Reader - Sdhc - Card Reader - Memory Card Reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information