Wednesday 15 December 2010

Replacement Blades - craftsman, mower blades


I ordered the "Rotary Max Power 331714S 42 inch Lawn Mower BLADES for AYP/ Poulan? Sears 13149" for $7.49.



When I ordered "BLADES" for a 42 inch mower I expected it would be the 2 blades required for the 42 inch mower. This says "BLADES" but you only get a (singular) blade. I have ordered lawn mower blades in the past and when the item says "Blade" I order 2, knowing that I need more than 1. This should be changed to say "Blade" on this item. I will now have to order another "Blades" to get 2 blades needed - this will cost another shipping charge.



Other than that the product is what I expected in quality. Rotary Max Power 331714S Replacment Blade For AYP/Poulan/Sears 134149 42-Inch Lawn Mower

These blades are priced as a bargain. That is exactly what you will get. They are thin, unmarked for installation...so it would be easy to install them upside down. But, they are pretty much what I expected. A one season blade to be changed out. But, that is not necessarily a negative thing..they are simply worth what I paid for them.

I purchased two of these lawn mower blades based upon the price being the lowest. Having bought lawn mower replacement parts from this dealer before I expected the quality to be good. However, when I got the blades and put them on my mower they would fit loose, these are the star shaped 5 point type. I assumed that my mandrels were likely the cause and so before pulling my deck I went back and ordered new mandrels, housings and pulleys assuming that would correct the issue. When I got the new mandrels I put one of these blades on one right out of the box and found that the blade was loose to it also. Not by much but enough. enough for the blades to wobble and rattle while cutting. I put them on the mower and tightened them down thinking that I could torque them enough for them to spin true, but this did not work. The bottom line is that the price was great, but the product was not worth the price. Had they been good quality blades they would have and should have fit snug. I am very disappointed. I also contacted the seller by email to mention my disatisfaction over a week ago and have gotten no response to date. Pay the extra money and buy your blades elsewhere.

I purchased two of these to replace the mowing blades on my craftsman 42 inch cut mower. They are an exact fit and cost less than oem or other brands. They seem to be pretty durable and for the price you cant go wrong.

They were delivered fast. Initially when I opened the package I thought the blades were dull and I would have to sharpen them, but I installed as is and they cut wonderfully. I will use these guys again when needed.

So much nicer to order this (qty 2 needed for your 42" mower deck) from Amazon and pay a total of $18 (including shipping) and have them sent to your front doorstep, than to pay twice that and get it from Sears or have to pick it up from a Sears outlet. Now, granted, the Sears blades seem to be a little higher quality, but these blades appear to be good quality for the price, and they came sharpened. Pay attention to the blade orientation when you take the existing ones off so you know how to put these on... there are no directions and no indication on the blades. Bottom line: convenient and a good deal to boot. - Mower Blades - Craftsman - Replacement Blades'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Replacement Blades - craftsman, mower blades replacement blades Replacement Blades - craftsman, mower blades