Wednesday 15 December 2010

Compact Flash - memory card wallet, compact flash


This rather large case will only accomodate 4 SD cards securely. If you use the larger cards this case may be worthwhile. However, if you think you will be using SD (or micro-SD cards) exclusively, I'd recommend the Pelican 0910-010-110. The two devices seem equally well built. This Sandisk product is more versatile but the Pelican product offers more SD card capacity in a similar space. Sandisk Flash Memory Card Case / Holder (SDAC-13) for SD, CF, MS, MMC, XD, MicroSD

I have the smaller version of this item (SDAC-12-G10) that carries only two cards and was looking to buy more of them since they fit so well in my camera gear bag. I wasn't able to find any and had read some of the reviews on this item that didn't seem so flattering. I was leaving on a trip and needed to store some of my older CF cards in a longer-term case to free up the smaller card carriers and took a chance on these. Let me just say that from the first look I'm glad I did.



The hinge that others have said doesn't look too sturdy is very hardy and is exactly the same style as the smaller ones. The rubber-like molded inserts are well made and not at all overly stiff. It is the same material as the smaller ones and I have had no issues at all with them. I was a little surprised at the heft of these since the smaller ones are not nearly as heavy and have provided all the safety and protection my cards have needed so far. As I said before, I am looking to move some of my older cards to a new longer-term storage since I can't find the smaller card cases anymore and am very glad that these seem to be a larger, heftier version of the ones I already have.



The snapping latches that hold the top and bottom closed are the same style as the other case but there are two versus just the one on the smaller case. I have had no issues with the others and don't expect any with these. They are spaced apart perfectly and do not stick out so they will not catch or snag on anything in the camera bag. Also, you have to deliberately try to open them which I like, since they won't come open by something brushing against them.



The top and bottom surfaces are very flat so you could adhere a label to them to identify the contents if you needed to. I would imagine that you would need to use a label with a good amount of stick to it since these are made of plastic and don't look to be too easy to stick to. I may try it myself and will let you know.



I will post an update after the trip or if anything changes my opinion of these later on since I just got them today and have not even put any cards in them. I am inserting a link to the other (smaller) version for your reference. If you can find them, they are also a great product. I like to have them on shoots where I am not able to carry a lot of weight/gear. I can store two cards in them and they literally attach to my keychain.



Sandisk Memory Card Case

The pro of this design is that it holds SD, CF, MS, MMC, XD, and MicroSD card sizes. Since I have a few of each type of card this card case was appealing as I could bundle them all into one case (or at least most of them).



A neutral factor for me is the over all weight of the case. Granted it is very durable and solid but the problem is that this adds weight. You won't need to hunt around for the cards but you if your camera gear runs anywhere between 20-30kg in transit you'll start to wonder where you can reduce weight.



The con is going to be in the the realm of durability but is really about part of the design and how it is manufactured. The hinges are all plastic. Given the weight of the halves and the tension that is applied to the two clasps the plastic will quickly break. I nearly did so opening it first go.

I've been through a quite a few different cases and this is by FAR the best one I've had.



All the other ones I've had crack, fade, or fall apart (or are poor quality to begin with). I was really happy that I finally found this one! I haven't had to replace it yet!



If you're looking for a case, get this one.

This is a perfect way to keep track of my SD cards. I travel a lot for work, and this is by far the best option. Its a must have if you carry multiple SD cards with you for work, or traveling. And not to mention it looks a lot more professional than rubber bands and envelopes!

This case is very durable (rock solid exterior) and has pre-cut inserts for all types of cards (which is convenient because i have a few SD's and MS's). Much better then my other generic cases which only holds the cards with a cheap net. Definitely a worthwile investment!!!

I'm really thrilled with this product. It's a little bulkier and heavier than I'd like it to be, but you don't doubt that it provides ample protection for your memory cards. I have 4 CF cards and it keeps them all in one convenient place. I love being able to pull this case out while shooting a wedding, and switch my memory cards. I have them labeled A, B, C, and D. That way they don't get mixed up and they're all in one safe and convenient location.

I'd recommend this product. - Memory Card Wallet - Compact Flash'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information