Monday 6 December 2010

Outdoor Speaker - value, outdoor speaker


I just hooked them up and ran an A/B test with a set of Bose 251s. I think the sound reproduction is every bit as good as the Bose setup. For a third of the price you can't pass these by. The only thing that remains to be determined is how well they will stand up to the weather. If you can mount them under an overhang and keep them out of rain and snow, I think these are the real deal. Yamaha NS-AW350 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (Pair, Black)

These speakers are the best you can get for the price ! I looked at Infinity and Bose, these Yamahas are right up there with them. Installation was pretty straight forward, I was not expecting outdoor speakers to offer much bass, but these sounded alot better than expected, and yes, they got some bass, and although they wont shake the whole house, you can hear pretty decent lows given their size and their "outdoor" nature. I am extremely pleased with these speakers, would definately recommend. The bang for the buck is simply unbeatable ! Im glad I ran into these before I went and bought some more expensive speakers.

I just got my speakers yesterday. I already hooked them up in the eaves on our patio to service our pool area. We have an acre lot and they sound very well for outdoor speakers and the bass sounds great for the price. It was a great buy for such a small price. I would definately recommend these speakers. My husband will be quite surprised to hear the quality. The set up was very easy as well.

These speakers really sound great outside and can be played loud. Louder then I will play them. I wanted to test them out at a high volume and they sounded nice and clear at the back of the yard (50 yards). One problem, due to the heat and humidity here in Texas during the summer, the front grills started to fall off. Only a little bit of glue was used to adhere them to the speakers. Easy to fix. Very happy with the rest of the build quality.

I like these speakers and I would recommend them. Having paid around $95 with Super Saver Shipping, I feel that they are just what I needed. Living in the Minneapolis area, and having checked the Big Box Stores, I could not locate a pair of outdoor speaks for less than $300.



I have mounted my speakers outdoors, under the eves (sp?) over my pair of garage doors, to keep them shielded from the rain. The only hitch was that the provided bracket dictates that you mount them on a wall rather than on a ceiling. My intent was to aim the speakers toward our front patio, and the wall mount bracket would not allow for this. So, I improvised by mounting one end of the bracket in to the eve, and then I attached the speaker to the outside end of the other side of the bracket. Thus, the bracket hangs down vertically attached by one, heavy duty wood screw at the top - you'll need to provide this screw, while each speaker attaches to the other end of the bracket by the screw-on connector provided for each speaker. I know that this might be hard to imagine but if you play around with the brackets provided with the speakers, you should be able to mount the speakers in a place and at a direction to meet your needs.

I've been a fan of Yamaha music products over the years. I even had a home theater receiver for a few years before it just started turning off on its own. The thing is these sound just o.k.. Nothing special, a little anemic in the low-end, but they get plenty loud and the sound does carry over a large distance. For background music they are perfect for work or play, and you really can't touch anything as nice as them in this price range. So, all told, for the money they are a decent buy.

I did research on Bose, Klipsch, and JBL outdoor speakers. I stumbled across these Yamaha speakers for a fraction of the cost of the 300-400 price tag I was looking at with other brands. I bought them thinking the risk was low. I can say I am exceedingly happy with this purchase! They have a very full sound and I don't feel like I compromised on quality.

I bought these speakers for my 12 foot x 12 foot roof top deck. The sound great, but if anything are overkill for such a small space. My friend got the 150's for his similarly sized deck and they do the trick just fine as well. Might have been worth getting the smaller ones to save a few bucks but I'm certainly happy with these. The bass is good and the volume in general is more than I will ever need.

I have been using them for a few months as indoor speakers for the pool house (~200sq feet) as well as outdoor speakers mounted on the wall. Driving them with a 100W RMS amplifier and they have a good clean sound (better bass than the Polk Audio Atrium 45 that I was using before). Loud enough for small parties. My only gripe is that during the recent 100F heat spell the speaker grill from one of the speakers fell off. - Outdoor Speaker - Value - Speakers - Good Sound'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information