Monday 6 December 2010

Cleaning Cloth - cleaning cloth, nikon


2006, Amazon states;

Product Dimensions: 13.0 x 10.0 x 7.0 inches





There was no photo (until I uploaded one) so I thought this was the size stated, but turned out to be one of the little keychain bags with about a 5x5 cloth inside.



Works fine, just not what I thought it was, and didn't want someone else to think it was large also. See my photo for actual size next to some keys.



Update 4/8/2006



I see they added a photo of what I THOUGHT I was getting when I ordered.. see my uploaded photo in "customer" photos to see what they sent.





Edit 03/12/2008



Been used and washed many, many times now and still doing a good job. I keep it on my belt loop every day so outside bag is showing a bit of shine in spots and is a bit lighter in color now, but micro fiber inside is like new. Was a good $5 purchase.



Edit 07/29/2008



Looks like they have the original info problem replaced at this point in time...



Now there are new dimensions listed, but my old cloth still measures

7 x 5.5 inches.

Did they narrow it to 2.5 inches or is it another typo ?

I'd bet on another typo.



and since I'm here... weight on digital postal scale is 0.2 ounces ready to use 8-)



Yes, still working well and washed even more times...

just so you know, I use it for my plastic eye glasses not my camera lenses. Looking through the DSLR view finder in hot weather pushes my glasses into my face and makes a mess.. when shooting, I keep this cloth clipped high on the neck strap ready for fast action before next shot. Needs washing after each day of use in Summer heat. Nikon 8072 Microfiber Cleaning Cloth

I bought two of these Nikon keychain microfibre cloths before I realised they were just custom-branded Spudz, but I didn't pay any extra for it with the free shipping so it doesn't matter. It's very handy to have and the cloth is just like any other microfibre one, but it stores inside the attached elasticised cloth pouch. I don't know how useful the fact that it's 18% gray really is...but it'd be perfect if the pouch had a little elastic flap over the opening to keep out the lint from your pocket. If you like Nikon, get the Nikon one...if you like Sigma, get the Sigma one...but they're all Spudz.

Good advice from the other reviewer about the picture.

That having been said I have three of these and really wouldn't want to do without them.

These clean my camera's screen and the glass on my lenses without a scratch every time.

In my opinion almost a must have in your bag!

Good luck!

I am a working photographer with 5 years experience.



What can I say. It is a cloth for your lenses, nothing super special about it. It had a lot of lint/dust on it from the factory but a couple shakes and it works as promised. It has a little clip for connecting to you camera strap, and I see other pro photographers use it that way, just like the similar clip-on memory pouches, so it is there when you need it.VERY HANDY, but the little clip is "seriously" lame plastic and flimsy, if you clip it to your strap or camera then you will likely lose it in no time if you are anything like me.



Also the bottom is still open when you fold the cloth back into the pouch so there is potential to get dirt or dust inside the pouch if you are not careful, so shake it off real good before you use it or you could scratch your lens filter. I will not use this to clean the lens glass, this cloth is more for field use. I just use this cloth for smudges on my UV filter/Lens Protector usually cause by my finger slips. Clean your lens in a dust free environment. I will use a large more sanitary cloth for the actual lens glass. If you got your lenses as part of a DSLR instore promotion kit and your just shoot occasionally, like family stuff and trips then this is really all you need to clean your lens glass and filters. Just keep it clean and put away till you need it. If you have a lot of expenses lenses then you don't need my advice.



I have been using it every other day or so though keeping it in my camera bag till I happen across a sturdier clip from a piece of camping equipment or something. If you are considering this product then also consider the Nikon Lens Pen and the Giottos Large Rocket Blaster. Together all 3 of these products have you covered, all are a good value, they are really dependable, I use them all the time and no major complaints. Now go shoot.... well knock the dust off your sensor and clean your lens first.

Well i guess i expected more for the price i paid. The cloth is a bit shorter than i would like and when cleaning a lens it feels slightly awkward in my hands and difficult to get all edges/ areas with out worrying that i might accidentely lose my grip and scratch the glass with my nails. I could of just bought a micro fiber cloth at a pharmacy near the non-perscriptive reading glasses. But i guess the fact that it has a little clip thingy makes it handy to just hook onto bag instead of zipping it up in a pocket. Its cute though. - Micro Fiber - Cleaning Cloth - Photography - Nikon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information