Wednesday 1 December 2010

Highly Recommended - four channel, headphone amplifier


I've been looking for something that splits the sound from a computer sound card to multiple sound devices, such as various headphones, powered speakers, amplifier, etc. When I began looking for something to split the sound between devices, I wasn't sure what to search for, and I couldn't find anything that would work. I knew nothing about headphone amplifiers, but that is exactly what I needed, and finally happened upon it. I looked at purchasing the Rolls HA43 Amp, but I liked the style and layout of this unit better. All the connections are in the back and the control knobs are in the front. The unit looks good, feels very sturdy and is well made. The sound is easily adjustable for each device and sounds great. I was worried about hiss/hum noises before purchasing this, but I don't hear any at all. I am very happy with the purchase and highly recommend it. ART HeadAmp4 Four Channel Headphone Amplifier

This is an extremely reasonably priced basic headphone amp. Like another reviewer said, the only thing I'd like that it doesn't have is an on-off switch. You just plug it in and it's on. But it's really just fine the way it is. The unit is surprisingly sturdy feeling, and the knobs move pleasingly smoothly - no sudden shifts in volume. I like that each output has both a 1/4" and an 1/8" option. I haven't used this unit for critical listening yet (I use it mainly for monitoring during recording, not mixing), but I am quite happy with the purchase.

This is a great product and does what it's supposed to but I have three complaints about it.



First, as others have said there is no ON/OFF switch. If you want to turn it off you must unplug it from the back of the set-top box as I've been doing. Also, that green light in the center of the box is really, really bright and quite annoying and distracts from when your watching a movie on TV. I usually turn the box to it's side to resolve this or cover it with a dark colored paper. The other problem I have is that the inputs and outputs where you plug in your headsets are in the rear when they make much more sense to put them in the front. By having them plugged in the back the wires have to be bent/curved 180 degrees since you're facing the front of the box -- rather than straight if they would have been in the front. As a result, not only are you losing some wire slack (for example instead of 10 ft of wire length you only get 9.4ft) but as a result of the wire bending (in some cases more than one if you attach multiple headsets) the box tends to move out of it's place.



Also, because of the size and shape of the AC Power Adapter (see image at top of this product page) when plugged into a power strip/surge protector you end up take up or covering 2 or 3 outlets, which really sucks!

looks good.

works perfect.

ideal for my computer which seems to have very low vol, specially when i plug my earphones in.

Also tried it with a zune and a few headphones at the same time. cant complain, they sure amplified.



only bad thing: it doesn't include the audio cable required to connect the audio device to the amp.



i bought the iSimple ISVE913 3.5mm Mini Male to 3.5mm Jack for that porpoise.



The problem is, the resulting sound will sure depend on the cable, if you get a bad cable, you'll end with interferences. this is why i think they should include a suitable cable.



But if you are looking for an amp with 4 outputs (3.5 mm and four 6.5 mm), the HeadAmp4 works like a charm.

This product is really a great deal, sounds good, no distortion or buzzing or anything i could detect, even when you crank it up. Its very solidly built (metal case); the design is nice too. I've been using it nearly everyday since I got it, it's been holding up great.



*Just a note: this is an amp only...so that means it is only good for volume increase and more appropriately powering outputs than the originally source might.



I bought this primarily as an amp for my new headphones, which needed a little more juice than my computer alone could provide.



My only complaints are small:



-all the jacks are in the back (can kink cables if they are ultimately fed forward; can be a good thing if you don't want a mess of cables showing on your desk)

-no power switch (I don't really care though, I just leave it on for the most part)

-the knobs are little too close to each other

-power supply is chunky, can block other outlets



Not much else to say, if you are looking for a solid headphone amp on the cheap side, go for this.

I was considering this one and the behringer HA400. Decided on this one based on some other review on other sites. Its a solid unit and seems well made. I have it connected to the output of a x-fi titanium and there is no background noise unless you turn the volume on the amp to greater than 3/4 power which would blow you ear drums out if you played music. The main reason i purchased these were the front audio connector on my computer has static noise so i wanted something to connect directly to the back of the soundcard that gives multiple outputs. That being said the sound is a bit fuller coming from the amp but i could only tell the difference with a high end set of headphones. Sounds great with the ATH-A700 from Audio Technics. At last the only thing missing would be an on-off switch but since i havent found any of these microamps to have a switch i didnt deduct a star.

I'll start with the conclusion that this product does exactly what it is designed to and claims to, and that is the reason that I gave the product 5 stars. This product will work as a signal multiplexer and headphone amplifier whether you are in a home studio or a professional studio, or just need your signal amplified.



This device is extremely flexible because it has both size sockets on the input and outputs. The volume controls have a sturdy feel and are very fluid when adjusting. The sound is clean providing that the correct level of input is used. The rest is elementary.



This is a very well made study box with a rugged feel. It is nicely stylized and has a convenient compact form factor.



This was an impulse buy for me, but I would highly recommend this product to anyone that would like to either amplify their existing headphone signal, or amplify and use up to four headphones at the same time.



In addition to the product, I am ecstatic about the service that I received from SameDayMusic. They performed well beyond my expectations in promptness. - Four Channel - Headphone Amplifier - Amp - Audio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Highly Recommended - four channel, headphone amplifier amp Highly Recommended - four channel, headphone amplifier