Saturday 18 December 2010

Cordless Tool Accessories - cordless tool accessories


This is a good product. It does charge quickly, it is not however universal. I have a craftsman 14.4 volt battery that will not fit in it. If your batteries have a solid charging post with the terminals on the outside edges it wont work. Craftsman One Hour Universal Battery Charger (19.2 Volt)

I have always used Craftsman tools. They have always been very reliable and used to come (perhaps they still do?) with a lifetime warranty. However, I purchased an 8 piece C3 19.2 volt kit a couple years ago. The tools themselves work GREAT. But the chargers I have purchased, as well as the 4 new batteries seem to malfunction constantly! I just bought this One hour charger and popped 2 of my 19.2 batteries in it. It worked fine! I thought to myself "FINALLY". Well, after the first charge on each battery, with the light on the charger going from red to green indicating that the batteries were fully charged, the second time I placed the completely dead batteries in this charger, the green light stays on - with EACH battery! They are definitely dead - no question about that. But the light on the charger is staying green indicating that the batteries are fully charged. Niether of the batteries are defective (according to the charger).



This is now the 4th battery AND 4th charger for this 19.2 set and NONE of them work correctly! I'm waiting for 2 MORE new batteries and another new slow charger to be delivered this week. I hope I get some sort of system that will work here. I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, I do not want to say anything bad about Craftsman as they have always served me well. But this whole "Charger" bit really has to be remedied. Has anyone had similar issues?

We needed a new charger to replace the dud at work. I did a quick search for the same part number and came up with this product.



It has been working perfectly for the last 3 months so I see no reason to wait any longer for the review.



For those that are complaining that the charger is not universal, there are part numbers in the description for the batteries that should work with this unit. If the numbers weren't there when you made your purchase, then I understand that it is not your fault and I believe you should get a refund without a problem.



I will come back and make a change to this review if there are any problems, but I don't think that will happen.

It is probably a fine product. But this product is misrepresented. It is NOT universal. My 15.6 V. battery will not fit in it. I have now lost money on it and shipping and still can't charge the batteries I have.

The item is not the point of this review. The point of this review is to say thank you for great service. The vendor who sold me this product was quick to ship my item with no problems. The item was in great shape and the price was right. Thanks again. - Cordless Tool Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Tool Accessories - cordless tool accessories cordless tool accessories Cordless Tool Accessories - cordless tool accessories