Monday 29 November 2010

Proactive - proactiv, blemish control


Proaciv is a highly effective acne treatment brand but, here's the catch - you have to keep at it. Firstly, it takes a few weeks before you see significant results. This is the case for any acne treatment product really - you just HAVE to be consistent and give it time. So, folks looking for a quick solution to their problem (i.e. - clearing up your skin in time for prom or a wedding, for example) will be disappointed.



Secondly, it is not a magic potion capable of "curing" acne. Once you stop using the product, your acne will return unless you take active steps to maintain the health of your skin. It is often believed that merely using a product can be the only change made to help your skin. Clear skin is about more than just using the right brands.... having clear skin is about understanding skin.



Overall, I'd say use this product if you can afford to consistently buy it. If you can't, understand the ways to help keep your skin healthy since, if you don't take those steps, it is HIGHLY likely be disappointed once you stop using Proactiv. Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System

Proactiv is GREAT, but this configuration will leave you very disappointed. The sizes are small for the price and you might as well buy the "Mega" Supersized bottles instead for an additional $10. There is no way that the sizes in this configuration would last for 60 days of use. This ad is misleading.



You'll find a better deal right here on Amazon, just search for "Super Size Proactiv" and you'll find it, and get much larger sizes with free shipping (usually).



Conclusion: Proactiv is Recommended! (but buy another configuration).

We got this product for our 17 year old son last year. He asked for it for XMas 2010. Not only did we get it for him for XMas, we also purchased it for our 13 year old son. This is a good product so far as we can tell.

Well, 6 weeks into using the Proactiv system, we have seen about a 50% improvement in my son's skin. This is much better than after 3 months of doctor's topical cream prescriptions and a tetracycline prescription which did nothing at all to the acne on his cheeks. We are hoping that in another month's time we will see even 25% more improvement. There was so much damage that I think it is just going to take some time to repair the scarring/brown and red marks on the cheeks. The 2 month supply has been quite worth the money, although he is out of step 1-the Cleanser already...but he may have used 2 much of it at times. He still has step 2 & 3 which should last another 2-3 weeks. He will probably continue to use this system for quite sometime. Just as a side note on purchasing...I have found a Proactive kiosk in the mall which sells the 2 month system for pretty much the same price, just in case you can't wait for the shipping.

I tried this product out of desperation. I'm in my late 20's and have had moderate acne since I was a teen and nothing ever really works long term. I really wanted to give this a treatment a solid chance so I made sure I followed the directions exactly. I washed my face twice a day with step one and followed it with step two each time. During the day I would use their super light moisturizer and did the mask 3 times each week (putting it on all over my face and letting it set for 20 minutes before rinsing). I used the product precisely for two weeks and didn't have very good results. My small bumps that didn't come to a head were minimized so I could see this working for someone with mild acne. I still continued to get new white heads and large red pimples the entire time. My skin was very sensitive during this time but I expected it to be, but hoped it would ease up over time, it didn't.



I also tried using the refining mask as spot treatment as many other people recommended that to be the most effective way to use the system. I was not happy with the results with this. I tried putting it on at night as the last step of the system and it would make the white heads larger the next day and the larger red pimples more inflamed. But again I could see this working for someone with mild acne but not moderate to intense acne.



I think their automatic re-ordering is rather shady as there is no way to opt out of the automatic re-ordering when placing your first order. I tried to go in right away to post-pone my re-ordering options and it wouldn't allow me to do soon until product was delivered (which they delivered to the wrong address-my billing address-yet they sent to invoice to the shipping address). I pushed the date back as far as it would go 16 weeks as I didn't want them sending me new product right away (it defaulted to 2 weeks from when my initial order was place, but my kit was supposed to last 90 days!). They do not allow you to cancel your account online, you have to call their customer service line. I called at 7pm and got a live person rather quick and I explained my dissatisfaction with the product and that I wanted to cancel the account. She stated she would cancel the account but wouldn't give me any sort of cancellation number. I asked if I would receive notice of the cancellation and was told I would be mailed one, but haven't received it yet. My card hasn't been charged yet for additional shipments (as I've heard happen to other people) but I'll be watching it for the next 16 weeks to see if they try to continue my account. I was also disappointed that I wasn't offered any kind of refund or option to send the product back for a partial refund as their ads and web site state they offer this. I'm out $40 for a 30 day supply (after shipping) which isn't awful, but not cheap for something that didn't work for me.



So I'm going back to the dermatologist to try again. So overall I could see this working for mild acne but for people with moderate acne or worse, I wouldn't buy it/sign up for their program. If you have a friend who has this product I would try theirs first to see if it works for you before investing. - Proactive - Proactiv - Blemish Control - Acne'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Proactive - proactiv, blemish control acne Proactive - proactiv, blemish control