Monday 29 November 2010

Led Tv


Boy was i like a kid on christmas when the UPS guy showed up with this baby. When it came in the door i was SHOCKED at how slim the box was AND THATS JUST THE BOX ! After unboxing and set-up, i was instantly sure i had made the right choice. You'll hear me repeat over and over again how nice this tv is and im sorry but i need to get my point across :) The super slim bezzle or edge is great. Picture quality is stunning, colors pop and although the 120hz auto motion plus isn't for everyone, it's still spectacular. On that note i have to say, after reading so many comments from people who dislike the auto motion plus (or soap opera affect) i think it's important to note that turning all the setting to the max will look odd...it's not meant for that. i have my blur at max but my judder at only 4 or 5....i find it needs to be adjusted based on programming. My one and ONLY gripe is that it doesnt come with 3d Glasses.....i know it's not a huge issue but you think paying that amount for a tv they'd be able to throw in some $40 glasses no? One more thing...not a con just a point....BUY THE QWERTY REMOTE ! it is a royal pain trying to use T9 on the SMART Hub.



Im sure i've missed a lot but there's to much to talk about.... it's a fantastic T.V for the money. Samsung UN40D6400 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D LED HDTV (Black)

The good:

Gorgeous appearance. Unusually slim bezel. Very thin. Barely warm when used (very low power consumption). Lots of apps including Vimeo streaming.

Glossy screen to my surprise appeared reasonably dark and without interfering glare even in bright sun lit room.

The bad:

First and major one - absolutely unusable for 3D viewing. Crosstalk is unbearable, totally spoiling 3d immersion. Originally got 3100 glasses. Samsung support told me to get newer, 3300 glasses for this TV. Over hundred bucks later - exactly same issue. I'm convinced that there is no difference, at least for this TV, if 3100 or 3300 glasses are used. For this thing alone this TV does not worth it's price.

Second - uniformity. Very bad on black (light spots), and even mid gray has some problems - one dark blob. (I did not notice any problem on bright white). On black both lower corners are bright to almost unbearable interference with picture. Samsung support told me to hold my conclusion till after over 600 hours of use, auto conditioning supposed to take care of it by then. Well, I don't think I will have 600 hours on this TV even after one year and I don't have intention to tolerate it. If screen conditioning required - it should be done at factory before shipment to customer. I call ... on it.

Third - dynamic local dimming. Not advertised but it is obvious to me that this model uses local dimming. It is poorly implemented and I see no option to turn it off in any video mode. As it is dynamic - there is many way it appears and spoils the picture. When used for apps - local dimming is disabled.

Minor thing - out of the box all picture "enhancement" stuff turned to the max producing unpleasing, pasterized image. Takes some tweaking to get it back to normal. "3D" settings has no explanation what it does (settings -1, 0 and 1) other than it says that it "optimizes 3D". My guess it tweaks glasses sync timing as I can notice very slight crosstalk change, but to me it is absolutely useless.



It is very nice 2D TV (except black uniformity), though overpriced for that. In my opinion it should not be sold as 3D. Samsung's customer support quick and polite but absolutely useless.



I'm trying replacement, will see if the one I got is just unlucky fluke or if there is some systematic problem with this model. So far Amazon appeared supportive.



Will follow up...



Here it is: replacement was pretty much identical in every way to original one. So sad, it's a beautiful set. If you really like it for 2D - get D6000 instead, same guts but without 3D and few hundreds cheaper.



Amazon service absolutely superb. I will continue my shopping for 3D TV set.

Well first off i have only had this tv for a day and so far i have tried everything on it and it's just fabulous. We have directv and with the high def package you have access to a 3d channel. I have the standard ssg-3100gb glasses put them on and wow the 3d was amazing. I saw an earlier comment that someone was saying the 3d is useless, they couldnt be more wrong. Not sure what content they were watching but it stood out and i let my family try it and make sure they saw what i was seeing. They all agreed it was great. Then i put a 3d movie on (tron) and same result was excellent in every way you'd want 3d. As for the rest of the options on the tv, smart apps are great more then enough for u to have a good time with, picture quality is perfect in hd and the tv itself is very compact. For a 1,000 it is defintly a tv worth having anywhere in your house...

I have 13 TVs, from 19" to 62". Four of them are Samsung (32" LCD, 32" LCD, 50" Plasma, and this 40" LED), most of the others are Sony, Panasonic, or Mitsubishi. Every one has been a great TV, but each one is better than the previous. Make sure you understand this TV is the 2011 model, not 2010. It is a UN40D6400UF, not a UN40C6400UF. It is so new that you can't easily find support at Samsung if you use the Product Model Finder. You must search the sight with the correct model number, and only then will you find a path to the support page.



I can only rate this TV on 2D picture quality. I have no use for 3D-TV until they don't require glasses, even though both my PS3's, TV, and a couple of Blu-rays support 3D. As another user noted, the box is slim and that's no joke. I bought my kids a 40" Philips LED TV two weeks ago and that box was slim, but this box was 2" thinner. This TV weighs 22 lbs, while the Philips is 30 lbs. The thin bezel is amazing and makes the TV look like it's all picture.



The menu system is slightly better than my plasma, both well laid out and intuitive. Setup was a breeze and the settings were NOT all maxed out. The remote is pretty well laid out, but not as nice as my plasma and the back-lighting is not as bright as it should be. The picture and sound are superb! Off-angle viewing (vertical and horizontal) is amazing. All my Samsung TV's have touch-sensitive controls on the front of the TV - they look great but are hard to use in most lighting situations. This TV has real buttons on the back of the TV, but you have to memorize the locations by feel. (UPDATE) When you touch the buttons on the back of the TV, there are icons that appear on the front of the screen showing all of the buttons and which button you are touching, by highlighting that button. Very Cool!



I would recommend this TV to all my friends and family!! I am so glad I spent the extra $100 to get the 6400 instead of the 6000.



UPDATE: OK, I broke down and bought a pair of Samsung 3D glasses and Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D. The glasses paired with the TV like magic. The 3D picture was quite amazing with none of the problems described by another reviewer. I still don't like the glasses, and I felt some eye strain and a minor headache during the movie. You can actually still watch the movie without the glasses - not very well, but a 100 times better than the old red and blue 3D movies. The glasses also fit a big head like mine, but still fit my children (nice design).



Also I got tired of the soap opera appearance of the standard 2D video, so I adjusted the Auto Motion Plus based on forum comments (Blur at 10, Judder at 3). The picture looks normal again, and the fast motion is no longer jerky. I recommend making this change, or going crazy watching strange, unnatural video. It might sound silly, but this adjustment is night and day!



IMPORTANT: All documentation about this TV's wall mount size is incorrect. Maybe the 2010 model took VESA 400x400, but this 2011 TV takes VESA 200x200.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Led Tv Led Tv Led Tv