Wednesday 17 November 2010

Mp3 Cell Phone Accessories - headphones, mp3 cell phone accessories


It's seems (from reading the reviews) that there is some confusion about the 3 rings on 2.5mm jacks.



I notice that nobody has commented on how well this adapter works with their headset/microphone! Here is the deal; you do NOT need 3 rings for stereo! (left channel + right channel = stereo) hence two rings, plus the common ground (the tip on all jacks)to create stereo.



The 3rd ring is for a standard classic over the head, or in the ear, WIRED HEADSET with microphone, like this one:KX-TCA60 commonly used on home cordless phones. But also work on your cell phone! (with the above adapter)



A generally MUCH BETTER sounding alternative to your lost bluetooth, or the one that needs charging that you can't use right now. BTW, although a wire can be a pain sometimes, you can't beat the price, sound quality, and always ready to go device. (quality varies by model)



Here is where it gets a little tricky. Some cell phones, like Motorola, and others have a slightly different 3 ring configuration. That is probably why some customers here have been having trouble getting stereo sound.



So assuming the product itself is not defective, it is more likely your model phone is the problem. You will need to check with the manufacturer to be sure.



last thoughts: I'm constantly misplacing my bluetooth, or forgetting to charge it. These inexpensive headsets are a "must have" for us folks that can't stand holding that cell phone up to our ear all day. Or a safer way to talk when driving (where allowed) when a bluetooth is not available. PLUS they are interchangeable with cordless land lines, and you do not need to "pair" your device! 2.5mm (Male) To 3.5mm (Female) Stereo Audio Jack Adapter

I have a Huawei Ascend android phone and one of its few downfalls is that 2.5mm headphone jack. After trying Best Buy, Radio Shack, Guitar Center (i was desperate) and a few other places I finally found the correct adapter here at Amazon. If you have this phone. This is the correct adapter. It works fine and sounds good. Seems a little fragile but does what it's suposed to do. Thank you Amazon.

I ordered one of these so I could use decent headphones with my new palm centro, but the sound was only mono. I assumed I had a defective unit, but the seller informed me that the centro works with a two-band (a.k.a. 2-ring) plug. I doubted this at first because I have a 3-band stereo headset with a mic that works in stereo (with so-so sound), but after a good bit of web research I have learned that the circuitry in the centro makes use of the three bands when switching between stereo and phone mode. For plain stereo listening you'll need a two-band adapter. A waste of ~$6 for me, but hopefully I'll spare others!

After much research I decided to order this adapter for my LG Voyager and it works perfect. Much cheaper than Verizon's adapter which sells for around $13. The 3 ring is the one you need for this phone.

I have an LG enV 2 and this allows me to play it into standard headphones and to play it into my home stereo using the common RCA adaptor. Combined with an 8GB micro SD card, the phone is now a great mp3 music source. Three ring is indeed the proper converter for the LG.

I wish there was a list of compatible devices shown for this adapter. Nokia does not sell a jack adapter with E71 so I tried this one. Sounds only mono, even though the original 2.5mm is a three-ring jack. As another reviewer noted, I should try a two ring one.

If you have an Env3, as I do, do not purchase this item. It only works in the left earphone, and that is if you fiddle around with it and get lucky. Otherwise, it doesn't work at all. Also, if you partially unplug the 3.5mm end from the adapter, you may or may not get stereo sound (both earphones), but the sound is extremely tinny and hollow sounding. Do not purchase this item.



EDIT (8/24/2011): I recently upgraded to an LG Octane, which is basically the sequel to the Env3, so I thought I would try this out. It performs the same as on the Env3, which I guess is to be expected.

I have ordered this type of item before and it worked great until I lost it. So I ordered 2 more. these are not worth the materials they are made of. Both do not wolk correctly. you have to pull eth 3.5MM male out until you can hear from both head phones. This was true with differnt head phones and devices. This was the same for both items. do not waste your money on this product search for another.

I bought this to replace a lost adapter for use with my old Samsung Juke because I use it as an mp3 player at the gym but this thing doesn't work. The problem is with the adapter not the phone or the headphones because I'm using the exact same pair I've been using forever. Waste of my $4.00 because this is going in my junk drawer. If Amazon would let me give it zero stars I would - Adapter - Mp3 Cell Phone Accessories - Jack - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mp3 Cell Phone Accessories - headphones, mp3 cell phone accessories mp3 cell phone accessories Mp3 Cell Phone Accessories - headphones, mp3 cell phone accessories