Wednesday 17 November 2010

Construction - automatic, level


I am a general contractor and take pride in the precision that we perform layout and construction. Having purchased this SmartTool (48 inch) with Digital Module a year ago, I could not do without it. It works great as a standard level (has the standard glass bubbles that are very accurate.) It works better to measure slopes or record slopes (you can hold a slope without looking at it, take it off the slope and read the stored slope). The audible is very sensitive, at times frustrating, because it so accurate. It will not "beep" until you are at and holding 0.00 degrees. We have dropped it, left it the rain, submersed it in mud at footings . . . while the manufacturer does not recommend this. To restore it to it's normal operation, the worst we had to do was replace the 9 volt battery and/or recalibrate the level (directions are simple and included).



Also consider adding to your toolbox (in addition, not instead of this tool) an INCLOMATIC 680 by Checkpoint Professional. This is a small 6 inch level that is a must for your tool belt with a built in laser. The accessory kit allows you to split the laser beam, project perfect 90 degree angles or create a laser plane. It would not be a good substitute for the SmartTool with Module since it must be read up close and lacks the bubbles. M-D Building Products 92296 SmartTool 47-1/4-Inch Digital Electronic Level

Works great as long as the temperature is above 40 degrees Ferenheit. Once it gets below that you'll be forced to use the bubbles or you'll spend your day fighting this thing to get a consistent reading. (now I know why they put the bubbles in).Evidently those who rate this item high work in a mild climate. I don't.Lately the unit doesn't even want to calibrate in the vertical direction so I can't even use it above 40 degrees.Unfortunately I'll be sending it in for warrenty repair.When it works, it's nice. (Emphasis is on when it works.)

This is a fantastic tool and a treat to have in the shop. I've found that as a standard level it is very accurate - then when using in digital mode it is terrific. The display is very easy to read and shuts off automatically when you forget about that duty. Calibration is easy and straight forward. I originally purchased this for some rigging on an airplane but now it has found its way into my regular shop life. I'm now purchasing an additional Smarttool module to use in those hard to access areas. Treat yourself to this tool. TA

This tool has become the industry standard for ADA Consultants, Architects, and Building Contractors. As far as the ADA goes you can't find a better tool for slope measurement! Thomas Schmokel - ADA Consultant

We have used the SmartTOOL Levels in our POOL TABLE Delivery and Service Business for over 7 Years. They sure make the work more precise instead of just close. Also as the Owner of the Company, it makes teaching and traning new Serice Techs. alot easier. The Employees LOVE using them. And Customers are always Impressed by the Tools and their accuracy. The Tools I am buying today are replacements. After YEARS of abuse WE were able to finally kill one. Plus buying additional ones because of growth. Couldn't find in the local Hardware & Tool Suppliers so Purchasing from AMAZON was easier then going out of my area to buy.

I am in the middle of setting a suspension lift and needed a very precise method of measuring the angles and relationship between the differential flanges and transfer case flanges. After some research, the SmartTool seemed to be the answer. So when I read the companies description, it indicated the the module could be used by itself, with a 2' level, 4' or 6' level. So I ordered the 4' level believing I could use the module to measure the drive flanges and have a very accurate digital level also. WRONG. The level that contains the module is constructed so that the module is permantly installed. So now I own a very accurate 4' electronic level but I still need a small digital level to complete the original task.... Very frustrating.



So if you need a short level, order just the module.

Product works great but I was disappointed to find out that the module can't be removed from the level for use in smaller spaces. The battery is located in the end of the level with wires running to the module which doesn't have a back on it like it does when purchased as just the module.

The level is fantastic - very easy to calibrate and use. Unfortunatly, when I read the reviews, I missed S.Edwards' review. THE MODULE DOES NOT COME OUT AS THE DESCRIPTION SAYS. I purchased this level, a 48" level that accepts the module, and the magnetic holder for the module. Now, I have to spend another hundred bucks to buy a seperate module for the magnetic holder and the 48" level. I suggest buying the module and seperate levels that accepts the module. That makes for a more versatile product, and it's less expensive.

This is one of the coolest tools that I own. I have laser levels, wood levels, cheap plastic ones and small bullet levels, this is by far one of the best to use by myself. The wood level is still the best, and most expensive, but hard to use by myself. This is easy to use, easy to calibrate and is very accurate. If you could only buy one level, this would be your best over all bet. The slope and grade readings make life soooo much easier! Talk about a time (and mind!) saver, all in one neat package. The construction is top notch and should give many years of durable and accurate service. I would highly recommend it to anyone. What a great Christmas present!! I am now looking to get the bullet version of this to use with my other levels. - Automatic - Level - Levels - Angle Finder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Construction - automatic, level automatic Construction - automatic, level