Wednesday 17 November 2010

Excellent Socks


Gold Toe makes a wonderful Men's Metropolitan over the calf dress sock. The stretch nylon is actually rather comfortable; and it feels even smoother after a wash with fabric softener! These socks are both durable and very appropriate for business environments. They can be used with "sporty casual" attire, too.



Amazon notes that these socks are "only made from the finest yarns." They mean it! Gold Toe socks keep your feet comfortable; and they are very well made and last forever. I especially like the way that they are reinforced at the heel and toe for lots and lots of wear



The socks also fit any shoe size between 7 and 12; therefore it is almost one size fits all. A big plus! I also like that the toe area is literally made from gold colored fibers. Great!



I would not dry these socks at high temperatures. This could result in the sock becoming too loose on your foot. Eventually they will "bunch up" or just slowly begin to slide down your legs when you wear them and that's very uncomfortable and possibly even embarrassing. Dry these fine socks at a lower temperature.



Overall, you can't go wrong buying Gold Toe socks. They are manufactured so well that you definitely get your money's worth. A great deal! Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Over the Calf Dress Sock, Black 3-Pack, Size 6-12 1/2

The socks are very comfortable and offer some support.

They seem to be long wearing and wash well.

One sock size fits a number of shoe sizes.

For my shoe size, I would rate them highly.

For a nylon sock, they are reasonably priced.

I've ordered and appreciate several other versions of Gold Toe brand over-the-calf socks, including the (sadly discontinued) Auro series, black athletic socks, and the AquaFX socks (very nice). These Metropolitan socks, however, are awful in every situation I've tried. In cool & dry dress shoes they are slippery, and too thin to provide any cushion or abrasion resistance. In heavier shoes or when walking any distance, they become a sweaty mess because nylon is non-absorbent and provides no wicking or in-shoe airflow. I've never before had problems with my feet smelling bad, but after a week of these nylon disasters, my shoes started to smell because moisture-wise these socks are as good as going barefoot. Eeew. I threw them away, disinfected my shoes, and went back to a cotton blend.

This is a Sock. They give you two and call it a pair. If you buy it as listed you get six socks or three pairs. They make my feet HAPPY! The price is a little high but I guess that happy feet are worth it. Have not worn out either the toe or the heal yet, a little color loss with numerous washings. I would not wear anything else.

My husband will only wear these certain type of socks, that are called over the calf gold toe socks. We used to buy them at Penneys but now we couldn't find them. I was looking for them thru google and Amazon poped up. I always have good luck with Amazon so I ordered 3 sets. Amazon saved the day!

My husband loves these socks. They are super soft and have a lot of stretch. Hubby is a diabetic and has some trouble with circulation. He says these socks are much more comfortable than the typical diabetic stocking, yet they give him the support he needs.

I cannot understand why these socks , not too long ago available in the mens department at nearly every department or mens clothing store , have disappeared from their shelves , except maybe we have become a flip-flop and sneaker society . Most comfortable available for long days wear , cool and lightweight , and from my experience , the longest wearing .'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Excellent Socks Excellent Socks Excellent Socks