Friday 22 October 2010

Yoga


I'm a yoga therapist/teacher.

Wrists are very vulnerable in a number of positions where you

need to put a significant amount of weight on your hands.

I was hopeful that these would help to ease the pressure on

the wrists and prevent discomfort/injury.

I didn't give up on them immediately. I spent a lot of time

experimenting, trying to determine a method to gain benefit

from them.

In vain. Stick-e Brands Yoga Wrist Saver (Pair)

I am small (5'1", 110 lbs) and have very small hands. These were way too high for me and the foam is very stiff. They actually made pressure on my hands worse rather than better. However, I don't want to total denigrate this product. Perhaps for someone with larger hands and weighing more these would be helpful. They just didn't work for me but a product like this, in only one size, must be designed for the average person of which I am not so I would suggest that interested buyers not judge this product on my review alone.

The wrist savers truly help my wrist discomfort during my yoga class. I am a very active individual though I have always had weak wrists and ankles making some upper body weight bearing exercises uncomfortable. With the Stick-e Brand wrist savers I felt stronger in my poses and was able to improve my form.

The idea of these are great; the only thing is that they are so big and i might as well stick a cement brick under my wrists. I tried them real quick cause i was so excited to get them and later on my wrist were hurting me and i was wondering why, then i remembered i used them. Save your $20.

First of all GREAT IDEA! There is nothing else on the market like this...I have just been using rolled up mats under my hands. I regret not paying attention to other reviewers...these things are too hard and too big! It hurts really badly. They help in downward dog, but when you move into plank and up dog you want to throw them across the room! I am going to stick with mat rolls and flush my wasted money down the toilet :( Anyone else having pain...just take a small pice of mat, roll it up and stick a rubber band around it to hold it together...works great!

Maybe there is someone that will find these useful, but for me, they caused worse pain than nothing at all. I felt like my wrists and hands were forced into more awkward positions. I tried using them as shown in the pictures, and I thought they caused more pressure on the carpal tunnel. I don't have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I'd like to keep it that way, so I gave up on these.

I purchased this product and it does not correct or support the wrist pain at all. It is amazing that it even get worse!

I tried to return it but is more expensive to send it back in such a short time that id does not worthdid. Now this is going to the trash.

I was so pumped about these and then I got them and they were too big and hard for my hands. So after one painful yoga class, I cut them in half to better fit the size of my hands. And I have large hands for a girl, but it still hurt pretty bad. I even let the Yoga Instructor try them out and she said that it hurt worse too.

It's not the worst thing you could imagine, but I can't imagine you would ever use it.

It's only $20 down the drain so I'm not too worried about it, just wouldn't waste your time or money on this product--although the stupid youtube videos make it look so wonderful! HAHA

I have arthritis in my right thumb joint and have found it almost impossible to correctly execute down dog, plank, push ups,etc, without alot of pain. The Stick-e Wrist Savers allow me to correctly practice these poses without alot of pain or stress on my wrists. I wish I had known about this product sooner. My yoga/pilates practice is better because of the wrist saver. Now, if they could only get rid of the arthritis.....'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Yoga Yoga Yoga