Friday 22 October 2010

Strong - packaging tape, office supplies


I bought the six-pack of tape refills from Amazon 3 months ago, and I stopped using them because they do not work. The tape does not stick to cardboard. I do not know whether it is too old or defective from factory, but the tape just separates from the cardboard. I have tried them on different boxes, and I finally gave up on them. Scotch DP-1000RF6 Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inches x 900 Inches (6-Pack)

There's not much to be said about tape, but I've come to really like this stuff. It takes corners without giving out, holds together seams that are ready to tear apart, and stands up to some serious stress. It's a bit pricey in my opinion, but purchased in bulk, like with this 6 pack, it's a good enough deal. An solid general purpose tape, and excellent for mailing.

I was extremely disappointed in this tape. It does not stick. It has very little holding power. I use Scotch brand tapes all the time. I have never had any trouble until now. Are they re-formulating their tape? This is an inferior product. I don't trust it to hold on any surface. I am throwing it in the trash.

This will be a short review. I have used this tape for packaging stuff for a long time. Scotch makes the best quality tape in my opinion, so while it is more expensive, it also causes fewer headaches for me when putting boxes together, or getting packages ready for shipping. It never starts to peel away from a box in warm weather. I don't need a customer receiving a package that was damaged because I used tape that was a dollar less a roll but is garbage. Yes, there are less expensive brands, but nothing else I've used is as good.

I disagree with the claims here that this tape doesn't stick. I mail lots of packages and use this tape in my Scotch dispenser, and it works beautifully. Perhaps it depends on the kind of surface you're taping, but it works perfectly on cardboard boxes.

I was happy to purchase the tape I use extensively in my e-commerce business at a discount. I have used this as a shipping tape for several years now and continue to seek it out by brand name. I also have the dispenser that I purchased with the first batch of tape. The dispenser (blue/white) is also a handy tool.

Ah, packing up boxes for that summer move? Saving a little money on tape by buying from Amazon?



Buyer beware! You will likely be disappointed by this and other Scotch tapes from ordering the wrong type. This tape is SMALL CORE working only with the small dispensers. I just bought a $22 Scotch Dispenser that doesn't even fit these tapes! Moreover the rolls are tiny! I will spend half the time swapping cores.



Ways in which Scotch will confuse you:

-Proprietary sizes that don't fit other Scotch dispensers. I just bought a tape dispenser that doesn't even fit this tape. If Scotch is going to do so, they need to color code or differentiate so consumers aren't so disappointed.

-Different measurements: this tape is 900" whereas other tape is in yards. What a pain to compare pricing and be sure you have the right amount.

-Confusing different names: which is the cheapo, the midrange, and the top line? I don't know, and after researching here and at Scotchtape.com, I don't think 3M can explain or display their myriad products. If their own website can't clearly explain which tape is which, how is the consumer supposed to?



I now have six worthless rolls of tape, that aren't worth returning due to shipping. Would I be doing Goodwill a disservice by donating such a proprietary product? - Office Supplies - Packaging Tape - 3m - Packaging'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Strong - packaging tape, office supplies packaging Strong - packaging tape, office supplies