Friday 22 October 2010

Automatic Watch - casual watch, military watch


This is a very special watch in several respects: You can see the clockwork through the transparent backside; both day and date are shown; there is no need for battery changes, nor manual winding up of the clockwork. The strap is solid and washable. I have become very attached to it ... Seiko Men's SNK807K2 Automatic Blue Dial Blue Cloth Weave Strap Watch

I've had this watch for 2+ years and wear it daily. When I first received it it would gain 3 minutes a day, but after a month or so, it settled down and now is off maybe 1 or 2 seconds a day. It looks great, is rugged, and very comfortable. Can't go wrong on this one, and you'll not be shopping for a battery every year.

I have had numerous watches over time, almost one per year, this will be the last watch I purchase. Since I wear it 24/7 it keeps pretty accurate time. Stays glowing at night for long periods of time and is easy to read. The watch band is very strong, comfortable and easy to wash, should last a lifetime.

I hardly ever wear my other watch any more. This watch looks great and I love the mechanical movement. It's less accurate than a quartz watch, but after weeks of wearing it it was only off by a minute. The watch glows in the dark for a surprisingly long time even after being exposed to light for only a few minutes, and you get the day and date as well as the time. I would not hesitate to recommend this watch to anybody.

I've owned a Baume & Mercier automatic and a Longines automatic watch for years. Since the other two watches set my wallet back quite a bit, and also since I've "acquired" a wife and two little ones since their purchase, I didn't want to break the bank this time around. So, after reading reviews for this little gem, I pulled the trigger and scored one for twenty-five bucks less off of eBay. This watch is simply beautiful! I've owned it for three weeks and it still has maintained the same time as displayed on my cell phone. Hasn't lost a minute. It's performance is on par with my other two automatics, but I spent literally thousands of dollars less on this purchase. I was in the market for blue-faced watch that I could wear with a pair of british tan shoes and belt, so I took the liberty of replacing the blue nylon band on this watch with a cognac-colored Rios leather band I also purchased off of eBay. I also replaced the buckle with a Hadley-Roma deployment buckle with brushed stainless steel finish, which matches the brushed metal of the watch perfectly. Check out the 3 pictures I've uploaded. Nice right? I actually ended up paying more than the watch itself for the leather band and deployment buckle, but hey, considering how much I saved on the watch, it was well worth it. I plan to have this bad boy for a long time. Thank you Seiko for making affordable, sporty automatics at a super affordable price.

This review was originally written for the SNK803K2. The only difference is the color of the dial. But I bought this on too.



For me this watch is fantastic. If you know auto-winds (automatics), then you know their little idiosyncrasies. So let's start there...



Timing:

It's not a chronometer, it does gain (or lose) more than 0.5 seconds/day. In fact, on some days it seems to gain as much as a minute. Gaining time seems to be a common observation with other owners and reviewers. My guess is that it is "set fast" at the factory, with the idea that "if we can't get it perfect out of the box, then it's better to be early than be late." For this, you could probably go down to your local watch repair and get the timing set. Having said that, My watch normally runs about a minute fast over the course of a month and that doesn't bother me. In fact, true to all automatics, it gains and loses a little time each day or so and it is generally the same "one minute" ahead of the current time for several months.



Quality:

The watch is obvious quality. Seiko is quality and they obviously get a great job on this one too. It's quite rugged. I regularly ride a both a mountain bike and road bike to work, which is 12 miles in one direction. The watch take a vibrational beating, but never really misses a beat (outside of the range mentioned in the previous paragraph).



Looks:

I wasn't keen on the style of the band that came with the watch, although it is tough and will probably never come apart. I went a got a leather band, and this thing is beautiful. No kidding, totally styling.



Trivia:

The numbers on the watch dial are definitely unique: minutes on the outside; hours on the inside... Okay - but is a great way to help little kids to tell analog time, "The little hand tells you the hours and the big hand tells you the minutes." Was it planned?



Recommendations:

I went out and got two more. Another for myself, with a green dial (that my oldest son commandeered) and another with a blue dial for my daughter in the Coast Guard. I was able to spend $64 a piece for these, so really, I think they were a great deal.



I have an older, beautiful Omega Deville that I wear when the occasion arises, but to tell you the truth, I end up feeling just a little guilty leaving this watch behind for some event, when it really is my trusted time piece.



However, after this... An Omega Planet Ocean.

this watch is excellent, I have it for 6 months and have no complaints, and to change the days you just have to pull the knob once, then turn down, and for the dates you have to turn up, try it.

Also gives you the option of placing the day in Spanish and English.

In addition, this watch is very comfortable and resistant

This is an excellent watch. The band is of very durable, high quality webbing. The face is very easy to read. I especially like the hours being on the inside and the minutes listed on the outside of the circle. The only complaint I have is that one can't wind the watch manually. It has to be wound by wearing it. - Seiko - Casual Watch - Military Watch - Automatic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automatic Watch - casual watch, military watch military watch Automatic Watch - casual watch, military watch