Friday 8 October 2010

Brakes - camry


I can't believe that Amazon is selling Akebono brakes, but glad they are! I have used them for years as a great upgrade in performance. I do a lot of city driving that is torture on my front brakes, and need something better than stock. Ceramics are absolutely necessary, but Akebono ceramics are even better. Since modern cars are a bit heavier with all of the impact absorbing materials, a better pad is more important than ever. I still haven't bled the brakes for max performance, but these pads still work great in spite of that. I'm also enjoying much less dust, which is an aggravation with most pads - those dark sooty front wheels that are all too common. What dust does come off the ceramics is easily removed. These replaced a set of non-ceramics that still had lots of pad material left, but were chewing up rotors and warping them in the process. Highly recommended, and the price is great, too. Akebono ACT908 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Front Brake Pad Set For 2002-2010 Lexus GS300 or Toyota Camry

This was just what I was looking for - replacement pads for my 2002 Toyota Camry V6. These pads didn't come with the metal clips, so I had to take them from the original brake pads to be replaced. This was my first time changing brake pads, so I don't know if that's the norm. No noise, everything works great, and I saved a lot of money getting pads from here instead of the dealer or even Checkers (local autoparts store).

Changing brake pads is an easy job.

Just remember to get wires to hold up

the brake caliper so the brake line

doesn't get damaged.



Buy these , change it yourself

at least once every 3 years or every 40,000 miles,

or every year if you brake from 60 to 0 in 3 seconds (emergency stops)

more than 5 times.



Get jack stands

Loosen the nuts before you jack up the car,

or you will never loosen the nuts.



Change the pads at your own risk.

But if you use jack stands, and hook up the caliper,

you are safe. Just do it some place safe where you won't get run over. - Camry'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Brakes - camry camry Brakes - camry