Friday 8 October 2010

5 Gallon Water Bottle - brewing, coleman


I purchased this as an inexpensive secondary fermentation/bottling vessel for homebrewing. While waiting for my shipment to arrive I found an equivilant at my local Walmart for under $6.00 (Ozark Trail or something). The Coleman bottle has 2 molded handles which will eventually pose a cleaning problem since water flows through them. My spigot leaks around the green screw connector. The container has a strong 'plastic' smell. I'm not sure how that will effect the flavor of water (or brew in my case). Over all I'm not pleased with the Coleman purchase.



The Walmart brand was perfect, leak free and excellent for fermenting and bottling in one easy step. The collapsable design eliminated chugging and it was BPA free, (a widely used chemical used to make plastic food and drinking containers).



FYI - I did not check spelling. :) Coleman Expandable Water Carrier (5-Gallon)

I like that these bottles are so cheap, have free shipping, are a white see through color so that I can see the water level and see if there is anything that should not be inside in it, have a removable spigot on the side, and they are collapsible. The bottles are relatively thinner plastic so I will not use that feature much in order to not stress out the bottles. They do the job for the cheapest amount of money I've found and that's basically what I like them for. I will get heavy duty quality water bottles in the future, I think.

what can you say it holds water it seems in the limited time using it that there are no major problems, the little nozel deal can slide up a l;ittle which can lead to leaking but nothing major, the size is the real plus 5 gallons of H2O in a fairly small package (about as small as 5 gallons can get) easy to carry easy to refill, would buy again

Thank you for making these available at such a decent price. These are great for storing water for emergencies. I bought five of them at once and am storing them in case of an instant need. The seal stays closed and no leaks of any kind. Thank you!

This did not turn out to be as great as I thought it would. If room is very limited I would suggest it. Room was not as big of an issue for us as we thought it might be. It does fold nicely and does hold 5 gal. of water. We use it as a spare. - Coleman - Secondary - Brewing - Camping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


5 Gallon Water Bottle - brewing, coleman coleman 5 Gallon Water Bottle - brewing, coleman