Thursday 28 October 2010

Avery - name tags, name badges


These name badges are junk. I love Avery products. The software templates are great and can be used in WORD to pull names from an excel file, and are extreemly flexible. You can for example make a column for first name in the excell spread sheet, and then in the avery template, make this 72 points, so their first name stands out. However, the hanging name badges are too thin, the corners break off, and the pre-pounched holes are not punched well. You feed a string through the holes that has a metal end on it and it is not easy to punch trough the plastic (via the pre-punched holes). Once you get the string through the hole, you have to tie a couple knots so the string does not come back out (i.e. the metal piece does not work). Avery should punch a smaller hole, and it should be better punched.

I am in charge of registration for an upcoming conference for 300 people. I am just glad that I got the hanging name tags early to try them out, so that I can return these to the store and find some better ones. I do not want to tie 600 knots! Avery Top-Loading Hanging Name Badges, 3 x 4 Inches, White, Box of 50 (74520)

The strings are nicer and they have new tips that are easier to feed in the holes and unlikely to slip out. The plastic is a nice medium weight in my opinion. I wish they'd include an extra sheet of the inserts. Surely I'm not the only one who has to re-do one every once in a while.

Had some trouble with the Avery template. (Can't remember what, I've already blocked it from my memory) - Hanging Name Tags - Name Tags - Name Badges'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Avery - name tags, name badges hanging name tags Avery - name tags, name badges