Saturday 11 September 2010

Fleece - hats, winter


Many years ago my parents brought me a hat like this from China. It was trimmed in animal fur which I just can't wear. So I was happy to find this one and able to get it in a L/XL size which fits perfectly as I normally wear a 7 1/8 in a fedora.



The colors in the photo are not accurately rendered on my Mac laptop, where the hat and fur look greenish-gray. The outer shell is a pleasant olive colored nylon taffeta, and the fake fur (which is very soft and warm) is medium brown. The hat is lined with quilted black nylon. The flaps are held up (or secured under your chin) by a plastic quick release (like on a backpack) on an adjustable strap. There are actual grommeted ear holes. The ear hole flaps are practical...you can button them up or down. It doesn't look like it will be very water resistant but I have not yet put it to the test.



The overall weight is rather light and suitable for casual use. The quality is decent, and the stitching is accurate and strong at stress points.



The vendor shipped the correct hat in the correct size, and it arrived in five days. New VOL Winter Bomber Hat , L/XL

I bought 2 of these for my 2 boys and I liked them so much I ordered 2 more for myself and my wife. They are great for sled riding or just being out in the cold in general. They really keep your ears, chin, and neck warm. My boys ages 11 and 7 took them to school and everyone wanted to know where they got them so they could buy them.

This was on my husband's Christmas list. He wanted it for when he shovels the driveway and walks. With the 2 recent snows we've had and the colder than usual winter it's been worn quite frequently. He really likes it because it stays in place and is really warm.

My husband got this for the cold Nashville months. I have to say, he loves it, but looks pretty dorky. It really emphasizes his nose...what can I say hard to meaure if the price of warmth is worth the aesthetics.

This is the first time I have been able to go through cold weather being comfortable. Because of the hat I don't have to wear a heavy coat, just a light winter jacket and light gloves for short trips in the cold. Light and warm, not expensive . - Winter - Hats - Fleece'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fleece - hats, winter fleece Fleece - hats, winter