Monday 6 September 2010

Comfortable Clothes


The pants are great...they look good and the quality is what you would expect from Levis. They were a little too long....I bought them for someone else as a gift and they were too long for a 34. For some reason these seemed longer than normal. Levi's Men's Cargo Pant, British Khaki, 34x32

The design of these pants are great, but beware, try them on in the store rather than ordering on-line, because you will be returning them. The waist on the earlier production run of these pants measured larger than what was on the tag. In other words, if you order a 36" waist, the measurement of the pants were a 38 1/2. Now, the later

production run, are running small. I ordered a 34x34, and when the pants arrived, I could not fit in to them. The length measured 32 1/2. I had to pay to return these back to the company in Okalahoma City, and they will credit my account in 2-4 weeks, the price I paid for the pants, but not my shipping cost. Quality control, is a thing of the past, and greed is a thing of the present.

The cargoes are great. Light, loose, and soft.



I ordered the waist size one smaller than usual, anticipating slightly baggier pants, and I was right. I'd advise you to do the same. Also, the pants are a bit longer than usual for the size, but I expected that.

I am constantly looking for pants that do not have a lot of seams that can cause problems when you are wheelchair bound. These pants are great. As with all my pants, I cut off the back pockets before I use them. This was easy with these pants and after that they are good to go. I wear them all the time, including work.

Anyone who's Tall and on the normal/skinnier side of things knows how incredibly frustrating it can be to find clothes. Most stores only carry up to 34W x 36L if you're lucky, and Big & Tall stores usually start their sizes at XL and go on up.



Personally, I'm a Large-Tall with 34W x 38L pant-size. Pants that size, beyond straight khakis or Docker-style, are almost impossible to find, online or elsewhere. I've only found a few companies who make them, much less retailers who sell them - and here I think I've found my gem.



I'm a big fan of cargo pants. I go to college and ride there on my bike. Pocket space is a premium when you have loads of books, calculators, dry-erase markers, pens, pencils, etc. Finding cargo-style 38L pants is even harder than regular jeans (for those who are 34W x 38L and want jeans, I was able to find some at Buckle - for sixty-dollars, granted).



Rest assured, these pants seem to fit the bill with what I was looking for. The fabric itself isn't as thick as Carhartt's pants, and I'll have to see how these hold up over time, but so far the quality seems to be there. The cargo pockets and back pockets use metal buttons, all the seams are sewn well and don't show any obvious signs of being low-quality, the pocket lining has that satin-y feel, and overall construction seems to be up to the higher-end Levi snuff.



The pants are a little wider in the waist length, as others have said, to sit with contemporary styles. I ordered a 34W and it feels closer to a 35W, which is just fine with me since I have a nice belt to hold them up.



Most importantly, the length seems to be correct! Maybe even a little more given contemporary styles again, but it's an utter relief to be able to take a seat in-class or on a bus and not have 6" of ankle showing.



I have yet to order other colors besides the Khaki since they weren't on sale, but the color itself is pretty close to what you think of as khaki. They're pretty much tan.



If you're in the minority of us who are Tall but NOT BIG - give these pants a try. I'm sure they'll work well if you're B&T, but I'm glad Levi makes these things. When the prices come down again, I'm jumping on a few pairs.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Comfortable Clothes Comfortable Clothes Comfortable Clothes