Saturday 14 August 2010

Office Supply - fountain, pen


This is a good fountain pen. I prefer this to the Platinum Preppy, and the medium nib is nice. It's more between a fine and medium(not too thick, but the ink flows easily). I'd prefer if I could choose the color, however it seems that perhaps if the order is for a guy's name it is green, and a girl's name is pink. It takes universal ink cartridges and converters which makes using this pen much simpler, and the ink flows nicely. I have more expensive fountain pens, and the biggest difference is appearance; the nib writes nicely. If that is what matters to you, you'll be happy with this student fountain pen! Colors are cheerful, and the pen is comfortable too. Maped Freewriter Fountain Pen, Refillable, Colors May Vary (222611)

This fountain pen showed up today, one day before the first estimated delivery date based on standard shipping. I got the pink one, although personally I think it's more of a bright plum color... anyway, as a fountain pen novice I was very happy with my purchase!



It's true that most universal ink cartridges and converters will fit in this pen. It comes with two small cartridges (one with black ink, the other is fake and used to fill the space), both of which were almost identical to the converter that came with a Manuscript calligraphy fountain pen set I bought which unfortunately didn't work out for me. All I did was fill the converter with my chosen ink, stick it in the pen, and it began writing almost immediately with no pauses in ink flow. I agree that this pen is between fine and medium rather than just medium, the lines I get are the same as an ultra fine tip Sharpie's lines. One side of the nib is curved so I had little to no friction when writing in random directions. I like the design, it's easy to hold, and the cap fits securely. I've only had it for a few hours now, but the plastic appears to be durable and I have no worries about a German steel nib. I used it to write several notes today with no problems, but make sure you put the cap back on if you don't plan on using it for another minute or so because my ink dried quickly. All it took was 2-3 small strokes for it to work again though, so for me that's not a serious complaint.



I intend to use this for writing and inking my drawings, and I'd definitely buy it again if I needed a second one or a replacement.

I received this fountain pen a couple of weeks ago, well before the promised delivery time BTW. For an inexpensive pen this one is great. I use it for general writing/drawing and it does well. I have more expensive pens that write much better but for an everyday pen or a beginner this pen does the trick.

too about a week to get here, looks like a kids pen, don't really care for the color pink, but I couldn't choose the color - I do use this pen daily at work and home though, and works well.! Good bargain for the price... Can't really complain - just wish it weren't pink!! LOL - Fountain Pen - Bulow - Fountain - Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Supply - fountain, pen bulow Office Supply - fountain, pen