Saturday 14 August 2010

Digital Camera - kids camera, digital camera


We got this camera for our 4yr old and she absolutely loves it. It took her about an hour to get used to what to do with it, but once she did, she is taking pictures of everything.



A great feature is that you can add characters to the pictures. It's easy to turn on and off.



The flash is always on, so pictures really close up will most likely be very bright. No matter though, just pull back some and the pictures are great. The camera will turn off after 1 minute of non-use, but turns back on easily with the touch of any button.



Downloading the pictures is very easy. You can use the software that comes with the camera, or just plug it in to the USB port on the computer to transfer pictures. The quality is just fine for a 4 year old...in fact it was a little better even than we thought it would be.



The LCD screen to view the pictures is just right for a 4yr old, however, it could probably crack or scratch easily if dropped. Also, there is only about a 2 second viewing window before you have to click in to the memory to view the pictures.



Lastly, it's easy to delete pictures and this camera has a huge memory with even more possibility of adding an sd card(which we didn't really need at this point). Digital Blue Disney Pix Jr. Digital Camera - Disney Princess

I purchased this camera on clearance at Target. I took a chance and I'm glad I did. For the price I paid, it is a great durable camera for my 4 year old. I don't worry about it dropping or getting knocked around. She loves shooting pics of everything and has fun adding the optional princess related backgrounds. We have yet to upload them to the computer and have them printed but I wasn't very interested in doing that when I purchased the camera anyway. Mostly she like to just shoot away. The screen is a live view so she doesn't have to put it up to her eye to take a picture. With moderate use the batteries lasted about a month so using rechargables might be a good idea. It is very easy to use and I suspect she will get better at taking pics, the more she uses it. I reccomend this camera for an alternate to the more expensive with not super reviews Fisher Price toddler camera.

this is a terrible camera! It is much bigger than it looks. One thing that is not in the description is that it makes a very annoying and loud noise anytime you push a button, no way to shut it off. I wasn't impressed already. Then after just 5 minutes of using it, just me, no kids involved or any rough handling, it started messing up. the top half of the screen stayed just gray, with visible pixels. I tried formatting the disc a few times then called Digital Blue customer service. The guy was really nice on the phone, explained how to format the disc, I did it again, still no results. He finally asked for my email address so he could send me shipping instructions to get it fixed. all this was within 3 weeks of Christmas. He said it would probably be back in time. I waited and waited for that email, I had a reference number, I called again, they said they would send it again, nothing. Now it's less than 2 weeks till Christmas! I ended up contacted Amazon, returning the camera as defective and ordering a VTech Kidizoom instead. much better. no great yet, but much much better!

My little one is delighted with the camera and it works as expected.

My only unhappiness is that the seller "Cheapees" had sent a different version of the product from the amazon description. Mine came without a SD card slot, the description mentioned it has expandable memory up to 2GB. I have even bought a new 2GB SD card to use with this camera. All wasted and it is quite inconvenient to always use USB cable for file transfer with the tiny onboard memory.

We bought 2 of these cameras (princess for our daughter and Toy Story for our son) for our kids for our recent Disney trip. They absolutely loved them. The durability of them is a great plus. We have already lost a few of our cameras because the kids wanted to take a picture then they droped the camera. Now they have their own. My son actually dropped his multiple times and the results are that they still work great. The picture quality was decent also.



The kids loved the ability to put the image overlays on also.



The only draw backs:



1. There is no power button. It turns on when the picture button is pushed. This is a bit annoying when you put it in a bag or something and the batteries get drained because it keeps turning on when the button gets bumped.



2. My son complained a little bit because there was no zoom and he couldn't take pictures from further away.



Overall though, great cameras!

My daughter had told me my granddaughter wanted this for her 3 yr. birthday. She had reccommended Target, but of course Amazon is my place to shop of choice. I looked and found it cheaper & I was thrilled. My granddaughter absolutely loves it & is slowly learning the art of taking pictures.

I got this as a gift for my best friends daughter. She loves it, makes her feel like a big girl being able to take pictures. She is 3 and has dropped it several times and it keeps working! All the kids really love the extra princess characters you can add to the pictures! - Kids Digital Camera - Digital Camera - Kids Camera - Disney Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Camera - kids camera, digital camera kids digital camera Digital Camera - kids camera, digital camera