Friday 27 August 2010

Headphones - sport headphones, earphones


I was looking for a good pair of headphones to replace the ones that came with my portable (the kind that just barely cover the ear and then not very well--you know what I mean) when I came across these. I was a little skeptical because of the price (I was under the misconception that good headgear has to cost a bundle). Boy, was I surprised. The first time I put them on (riding on the commuter train) I was amazed at the sound quality. They beat the ones I had 100% in total sound reaching the ear canal. This helped block out the extraneous sounds of engine and multiple conversations. Plus, the bass was solid as well. As an added bonus, they are incredibly light and are plastic so the headband doesn't scratch your head (something that has irked me with other headsets).With this level quality, and for this price, you just can't go wrong. Sony Ultra Lightweight MDR-W08L Vertical In-The-Ear Headphones

I bought these for my Sony mini-disc player, and they are quite the powerhouse! The sound that comes out of these little guys is amazing. These little phones are a tad awkaward (FOR ME),though, because I always snag the wires on something, but it's my fault. I am never too careful with wires. Speaking of wires, the cable has a volume slide-control whuich is very convenient for when you don'r feel like pulling the player out of your pocket to turn up the volume. That is, when not using the remote.Sony always makes good products, and like always, I am pleased with my purchase. With good compactability, I can pack these guys in my backpack, and because they are so flexible, they still retain their shape and excellent sound and performance standards.Let's talk about bass. The bass expansion is great and because of the volume control slider, you don't have to go deaf because you forgot to turn down the volume (on your player) prior to using it.Not only ismodel MDR08L great for MD players/recorders, but it's also great for cassette and Discman's too! Especially when you don't want a heavy, cumbersome headset weighing you down while on the go. And, the plain black color goes well with any of the portable players today.So, for the price and the brand, get this headset or something similar by Sony today.Hope the review helped you.

Either I am insane or none of you are qualified to review this product. Personally, I've owned six pairs of these and use them for hours on end each week. I wear them on 3-hour runs and I wear them in the computer lab here at school, so I think I know what I am talking about. Firstly, the product design for these headphones is the best I've ever seen. These headphones weigh nothing. That is the reason these headphones are so great. I've looked at other similar products by Sony (they make a model that look similar but are yellow) and by Aiwa and Koss and none of them are as good as these. They're either a folding design, which is a definite no-no, or slightly bulkier and less comfortable. The sound is good. These would be the coolest, sleekest, lightest, most affordable headphones ever, except for one small problem. They don't work! That's right, after moderate use, the sound invariably goes out in one ear. This has happened in six of six pairs of these I've owned. One pair I had lasted for a year. Another was broken THE SECOND I TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX. The Mean Time Between Failure for the six pairs I've owned is probably at or around 3 months. So, to sum up: These headphones are awesome. I'd gladly pay 30 bucks for a single pair that worked for year. Instead I pay 30 bucks for 3 pairs that, together, work for a year. I'd write Sony and alert them to the problem, but frankly for an eight dollar pair of headphones, I don't expect much. My advice is to buy six or seven pairs just to keep from running back and forth to the store. Hopefully they'll work out the quality issues on this one and jack up the price.

As a runner, I need lightweight headphones that don't jump/move/jar around. I hate ear buds (hate them!) as they are seemingly designed for people w/LARGE ear holes! These things are tiny, fit nicely IN your ear and provide great sound without annoying you on a long run! The price is fabulous too! Last time I ordered, I bought 4 pairs (whenever I like something it seems to be discontinued) and I just broke into pair #2 this week (after almost a year w/the others). I've run in these for 3 half marathons and countless training runs, inside and out. If I wouldn't wad them up and throw them in my gym bag, they'd probably last even longer, but eventually one side tends to give out.

Way too cheap for what they are. I didn't fully realize this until I got a player with a lot of equalization choices. Then I discovered that the changes didn't make much difference in the way the music sounded in all the various earphones I had around the house (because they didn't have enough frequency response to manipulate), except these. Everyone I've shown them to has loved them. The comfort issue someone else mentioned is real--it takes a while to build up the calluses to use them for really long periods of time, and you can't use them lying on your side. But it's worth it.

Ever since 1997, this is the only type of headphones Ive been using. They are very comfortable. Full-size headphones are too heavy for extended or portable use, too bulky to wear them while lying down, and too much like a pair of ear muffs on a warm day! Earphones, on the other hand, always giving me issues: they tend to either sliping out or too tight and uncomfortable. Quality wise, these headphones are also very solid. I've gone though three pairs since 1997. And at around 10 a pop, that's no big deal at all. I'm tempted to buy one of those new and ultra pricy earphones, but at 10 times the price of thse good old Sony, I'll stick to the old faithful.

I use these headphones for running and I have never had a problem with sweat in the ear. The fit nice and always stay on. I have had them for over a year now and I hope to keep running with them for a long time. - Ipod - Running - Earphones - Sport Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Headphones - sport headphones, earphones sport headphones Headphones - sport headphones, earphones