Friday 27 August 2010

Dash Mounting Kits - installation, car stereo


To get this product to fit correctly into my Jeep's pre-existing mounts, I had to do quite a bit of cutting on this product. So if you want something that will just fit perfectly without you doing anything to it, then this is not for you. Scosche CJ1278B Multi Kit with 1 CD Storage Pocket for 1974-99 Chrysler

Fit perfectly, good instructions. Didn't give it 5 stars because it appears to be missing a couple screws that hold the side pieces to the actual stereo. But the stereo doesn't move at all without them, so I'm not worried.

Its a good product and worked on my 97 Cherokee (XJ) like amazon said, even though manual didn't list my vehicle. I bought with Naxa NCA-670 and didn't think it was going to fit at first. Of course I don't read instructions, figured out that the facing plate was already clipped into opening, so I just had to pull it out first. I also was playing around and clipped the two brackets in on each side of the radio with all the bolt holes, which of course I didn't need for my vehicle/radio. So, I had to unclick them. Also, be careful when you are bending tabs (if radio has a sleeve) on the 'cd pocket' side (bottom of stereo), because when you get it all together you may find that your opening for your cd pocket is construed at the top on the opening because the radio tab(s) is pushing up against it (which I also figured out from trial and error). Hope my choice to not read instructions has helped a fellow human.

The trim ring feels a bit flimsy. I've had it in for a week and it seems good. It was straight forward to install. There are a bunch of tabs around it to mate up with different vehicles, and you have to cut of the ones that don't belong there for your application. A dremel tool with a cut off wheel would be handy. I managed with a hack saw and being careful.



The 1.5 DIN space is a pain to deal with. I like the small pocket space better than the alternative which is a flat piece of plastic that centers the 1 DIN radio in the middle. The small crevice is good for stuffing a map, directions, or the cord to your mp3 player.



I'd prefer it was built a little stronger, but it was the best option out there for a Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, and I'm happy with it so far.

I know it has to do with the space that is there, but I got this one because of the shelf. The shelf is not really even big enough to put one CD case in. It will work of the slim line case though. Other then that is a mount like most of the other I have used, it works. - Installation - Car Stereo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dash Mounting Kits - installation, car stereo installation Dash Mounting Kits - installation, car stereo