Thursday 29 July 2010

wireless router - wireless router


Just purchased this Belkin wireless N150 as my old Lynksis router failed on me after 6 years of good use. I hooked the router to the modem and computer and plugged it in - it recognized it immediately and everything was great on he direct connection to our desktop. I then fired up the laptop and it recognized the new router right away - after entering the security password (taped to the side of the router in the box) I was up and running on my laptop through the wireless signal.

I have your basic 1000 sq foot above ground ranch. I wanted to see the connection and signal that I would receive in the opposite corner of our finished basement. Took that laptop down there and full strength.

I have only had it up and running for about an hour but so far couldn't have been any easier to hook it up an get online. Belkin Connect N150 Wireless N Router

I bought this router to stream Netflix to my TV via a Roku box. It was extremely easy to set up and there were no problems with streaming the videos. I mention this because the first router I bought, a D-Link, simply didn't work for this. After spending about 9 hours talking to about 15 people from Roku, Netflix, D-Link, and AT&T, I finally found someone who knew what the problem was. He said D-Link routers, while not necessarily bad, had certain issues that prevented my Roku box from being able to access Netflix servers. He suggested I buy a Belkin or Linksys and I should have no problem. He was right. It only took a few minutes to install the Belkin with the disc provided, and after doing a factory reset on the Roku box and activating it once again, the videos were streaming with no problem. I didn't have to call tech support once, which for me is unusual. I would like to mention that my router is only about 20 feet from my TV and Roku and I am not set up for HD. For those who need a wider range and want HD, you will probably do better with one of the more high-end models offered by Belkin. But if you just want a good, cheap, basic router to cover a small area, this is the one for you.

Who knew a router could change your life? I'm an idiot when it comes to computers. I've never been able to connect wirelessly with this computer until I connected this router. Seriously, I had two computer folks attempt in the past. No dice. When it wouldn't connect wirelessly with this Belkin router, a "Belkin is attempting to fix" window popped up and two seconds later, I was connected wirelessly.



Our cable/dsl dude told us Belkin makes the best routers, I'm happy I listened to him. This router rocks! It was so easy to get this thing going. I put in the set up CD, clicked next a few times and entered the Network Name and Password from the enclosed card and I was on. I love Belkin. Thank you!

I recently purchased it to setup a basic Wifi within my house, and found this to be by far the easiest router to setup (I've used a DLink and a Cisco basic router previously). Managed to get this setup and up-and-running in 15 mins flat, and was extremely happy and satisfied.



However, after using it for a day, I was extremely annoyed by the constant dropping of the connection from the router - the router would stay connected to the internet, but it would keep disconnecting the laptop from itself.



Called up tech support in frustration, and they said it's a known issue, and that upgrading the firmware would resolve it. Kudos to Belkin for making that a very simple process as well - the entire upgrade/setup process was over in less than 10 mins, and I was up and running again. The # of instances of the router randomly dropping connections had dropped, but not disappeared completely. I finally set a dedicated channel for the connection, post which this issue doesn't exist for me anymore.



I would go ahead and recommend this router because it's cheap, extremely easy to setup, and does everything it's designed for.

So, after about 8 years, my Netgear router finally passed on. It gave me signal, but no connectivity anywhere and after spending an hour to revive and reconfigure it, I gave up and moved on. Since I have a laptop and an iPhone both using WIFI, I pretty much needed a new router right away. I went out and looked at routers and this router caught my eye, due to the price and the simplicity of pre-set security. I don't have a huge space to cover, so I figured this router was worth a shot.



It's been about 4 months and I couldn't be happier with this router. Good range, great performance and reliability at a very low price. I work for an Internet Service Provider in their Tech Support department and recommend this router on a regular basis for those people who are looking for an easy, reliable and low-priced quality router.



If you have any doubts, don't. Just do it! Unless you live in a huge mansion, this will do the job in most single family homes and apartments. Plus, no worries about neighbors leeching off of your internet because this comes pre-set with security!

I've been using this router for about 5 months now and about half the time it works as it should. The setup is extremely easy, but the router often won't connect and it takes about a half hour to an hour of trouble shooting and reseting the router before it just suddenly begins to work properly. Range is obviously not the issue as the space I use my laptop in is well within the range specified by the manufacturer. I would not recommend this router. The price is great, but the product is not reliable.

Started having a chronic disconnect problem when I switched from DSL to Cable. I purchased the N150 model for less than $30 clams to replace the existing High Speed Wireless G. Once it arrived I connected the new power source and used the existing cables to the new N150 modem and the desktop. It did not need any other install procedures. Never even opened the install CD. Immediately, it worked great and we have a 4 bedroom one story home using 4 different laptops and 2 desktops. I would recommend this one for typical residential use. It has been problem free and faster for the 1 week of use since it arrived. January 2011. - Wireless Router'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


wireless router - wireless router wireless router wireless router - wireless router