Thursday 29 July 2010

Musical Doorbell - cordless doorbell, door chime


I bought this product specifically because it said it had a 450-foot working range, I placed it 120 feet away and it wouldn't work, with new batteries on both the button and the receiver. I was forced to place the Portable Wireless Door Chime at a location that was not the optimum placement just to get it to work. Other than this serious issue the product is nicely built, simple to operate and install. Honeywell RPWL300A1007/A Decor Wireless Surface Mount Push Button

I live in a house built in 1917 with thick plaster walls and this just doesn't work for me. I have 3 outside doors so I bought a bell and two additional buttons, programing each to a different ring. Only the one closest to the bell works. The next closest works maybe 1/3 of the time, the furtherest from the bell, not at all.

This might not be a problem in a newer house with drywall or plywood paneling walls.

If your wired doorbell quit or you donot have 1 then I recommend this unit. It is loud enough to be heard and takes 1 "c" battery you furnish. The 1 cell batteries for push buttons come with unit. It has several different tones, so you can have one for front and different for back. Only negative is you have to purchase the extra push button. Assembley is a snap, as installation. You can either mount the unit on a wall or set it out of the way. I have mine on fridge.

Not a bad price of $9.99 but would be nice if the chimes came with 2 of these doorbells instead of 1. I think most people would use 2. But considering how inexpensive the chime & 1 doorbell was ($38), this price was really no big deal.



Works great with the wireless chime. Easy to program.

Honeywell RPWL303A1004/A Decore Wireless Surface Mount Push Button

The doorbell was easy to install, continues to work well, completely satisfactory. I had one problem understanding the installation instructions, but the customer service 800 number was very helpful and provided a solution to my problem.

I have no complaints with the function of this product - it works with the wireless doorbell system just fine. I do not like the mounting options for the push button. The product comes with a small piece of double-sided adhesive foam, but I would not recommend using that for a permanent installation. It also comes with two screws to mount the back plate of the push button to the door frame. This would be perfect, but the holes on the plastic are not punched out!



I had to use a small nail punch to remove the initial plastic. Then I had to drill the holes just slightly to make them wide enough to accept the screws that shipped with the product. After these minor modifications, everything is fine. I'm just disappointed that Honeywell couldn't do this for their customers as part of the fabrication process.



So as long as you own a nail punch, rubber mallet, drill, and both flat and phillips screwdrivers - you should have no problem mounting this product correctly.

The doorbell button works well with the Honeywell base unit, and seems to have a good range. It uses a button-cell battery which should last one or two years of normal use. The unit can be mounted with the included foam tape, or with two screws. I used the screws because I like a more solid installation. It has a small light that flashes when pressed so that people know it is working.

You have to make sure that you exert some pressure on the doorbell button in order for the chime to work. It is not a problem if you know it, but some people just touch the button when they ring a doorbell. Installation was a snap after I drilled out the holes for the screws.

I recnetly purchased the Honeywell RPWL300A1007/a Decor Wireless surface mount push button. Well designed, easy installation, and works perfectly. I highly recommend this product as it is will designed, and holds up well. - Doorbell - Wireless Doorbell - Cordless Doorbell - Door Chime'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Musical Doorbell - cordless doorbell, door chime doorbell Musical Doorbell - cordless doorbell, door chime