Sunday 4 July 2010

White Board - white board, dryerase


A four by six foot Expo white board has been on the wall of my office for years. As easy as the white board is to use, I still miss the look of the old slate chalk boards. Of course, I do not miss the messiness of the chalk dust that used to get over everything. I had no idea that there were black dry erase boards. Now, I have one! I just received an Expo black board and neon marker combo. I love it.



The black board now sits on the wall above my desk. It attaches to the wall magnetically. I can write on it with the neon markers that came with the kit. They all show up well. It looks like the black boards that restaurants use for posting the specials-of-the-day. Post-it notes stick to it, as do magnets. These cute black boards can be obtained separately from the markers. They come in 8.5 x 11 inch and 10 x 10 inch sizes.



I tested the neon markers on the new black board as well as on my large white board. The neon markers show up well on black, but only the pink color can be read easily on the white board. The neon dayglow on black looks great. The neon markers can also be purchased separately.



Since I am a scientist after all, I also tested the white board markers on the black board. I tried blue, red, green and black. Although, they are great on the white board, they are not at all visible on the black board.



The one necessary item that did not come with the combo kit is an eraser Fortunately, I already had a standard Expo eraser. It erases the neon writing easily. A paper towel also works.



Altogether, I am very happy with my new black board, the old white board, the markers, and eraser. I cannot wait until they come out with larger black boards, so that I can satisfy my retro leanings with the new technology. Expo Low Odor Chisel Tip Dry Erase Markers, 12 Black Markers (80001) - Markers - Dryerase - Dry Erase Markers - White Board'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


White Board - white board, dryerase dryerase White Board - white board, dryerase