Sunday 4 July 2010

Kitchen Tv - portable tv, lcd tv


I was looking for a battery power TV expressly for use in case of a a power outage. After reading reviews on several brands of portable TV's from various places, I decided to give this one a try. Battery was fully charged when received.

The first channel scan with the provided antenna didn't pick up anything ,(I live about 20 miles from the closest broadcast tower). I hooked up an old set of rabbit ears that came with a TV that I purchased many years ago, rescanned and picked up 3 channels, one weather station, the local NBC affiliate, and something else. The weather & local news is what is important to me when the power is off, so that is fine. I hooked it to the cable, rescanned and received all my regular cable channels. For emergencies this will work. I am purchasing a 12 volt power supply that runs on 8 D cell batteries as a backup to the internal battery which lasted about 2 hours.

It has a very good picture when hooked up to rabbit ears & maybe even better when hooked to the cable.

Another note: I repositioned the rabbit ears and now get 6 channels.

The power supply I purchased is not available here. [...].

The only negatives: provided antenna & the coax connection is to tight to screw the cable to it. (I solved this with a push on connector that raises the connection enough for easy attachment of cable or antenna).

The picture of this unit posted on Amazon & elsewhere is not the SC-499D. Look at the posted customer images to see the image I posted from the manufactures website.

Update: Amazon has changed the image on their website since I added the one from manufacturers website. SuperSonic SC499D 9 LCD Portable Digital TV with ATSC/NTSC Tuner and AC/DC Power (1 Each)

The TV setup procedure was simple. Great little picture and sound adequate for such a small package. The antenna that comes with the TV is useless unless you are say within 1 mile of the transmitter, standing on the roof of your house. I hooked the TV up to my rooftop antenna and scanned in 20+ channels. I tried 4 different indoor digital antennas and had to spend another $36 on the Terk model listed here on Amazon. You must use an amplified antenna. The $36 Terk was just as good as a $65 Radio Shack antenna. Short version is, be prepared to buy a different antenna to be able to use this TV and only then, you're only gonna get 'some' of the channels that a rooftop antenna will get.

I ordered this portable TV for my wife to use in the kitchen. It came with all the parts as advertised. I pluged it into the cable connection I have in the kitchen and turned it on. My wife has been using it for two weeks now and it has performed as desired. I would recomment this unit to anyone that wants a small portable TV.

If I did not review this product before its because it was a gift for my wife, as a non portable TV in the kitchen. According to her its sensational and I think so too. It took x Times Warner Cable techs y hours to connect it. I had already done that but they redid my work. Great TV. Only complaint- the manual is opaque and there is little on line support. But it works. Thank you

Great picture from connection to roof antena in my condo. Get over 25 channels in Los Angeles that are perfect. There are more channels at the high end 56-58 that come in bad. I am very happy with this both for kitchen watching when in there and for battery back up. Highly recommended.

This is a clever little device. The picture quality is outstanding. It takes quite a bit of patience to tune in stations so they are stable. I find that I get different channels depending on which part of the house I'm in. I was recently hospitalized for a week, and I found the TV to be a reliable friend - much better than the in-house cable feed. I'm glad to have a portable, battery operated TV for emergencies, when the power may be out but stations are broadcasting. It's a great value for the price.

This TV will pick up the basic local Digital Broadcast (2-4 channels).

To receive additional and outer distant TV broadcasters, buy one of the small portable, foldable, Digital TV Antenna. The TV has an adequate rechargeable, onboard, Lithium Ion, battery. I have no idea how many hours, but for emergency purposes, sometimes we only need an hour or two. Tie it together with your standard Car Battery Back-up (12volt) Supply, and use the Car-Adapter, and you could watch TV for a couple days.

We purchased this item for our son who drives a semi. He has enjoyed watching TV while stopping for the evening. He's been very satisfied with it's clarity and the number of channels that he is able to get.

Unless you are allowed to use the Empire State Building or the Eiffel Tower as your base antenna this TV won't catch more than a couple of channels. Amazon sells it with a Terk HD Antenna that needs to be hooked up to an AC outlet to work. Imagine, a portable TV hooked to a AC operated antenna! Besides only catches a religious channel. Anyway, I returned the antenna and bought an RCA flat HDTV antenna with not better results, I returned the second antenna and bought an ears rabbit antenna with the same disappointing results. I live in South Miami, channel 4, CBS, is less than eight miles away, I half-see it, some times I do, sometimes I don't. I enfatically do NOT reccomend this TV. Audio is awful. - Lcd Tv - Portable Tv - Digital Tv - Kitchen Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kitchen Tv - portable tv, lcd tv digital tv Kitchen Tv - portable tv, lcd tv