Saturday 10 July 2010

Lithium-ion - lithium-ion, battery packs


All 6 - yes 6! - of my original M12 batteries failed within several months to over a year after purchase and would not charge. I finally took them to the Milwaukee repair center as I knew they were warranted for 2 years. I took my receipts but they didn't even look at them. Popped them in a charger-and sure enough-bad. They replaced them all on the spot with no questions asked! I would recommend Milwaukee to anyone. I am hopeful that the new ones last like my other tools (including Bosch, Makita and DeWalt) and I will post an update if I have more problems-so far, so good-hopefully they have fixed whatever was causing failure. Go get yours replaced if they have failed. If you don't have a receipt, they can use the serial number for warranty. Hope this helps. Milwaukee 48-11-2401 12-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Tool Battery

Milwaukee fails at quality control on this product, and doesn't seem to care either way.

I've had 2 in 5 batteries fail within a year, and even a third delivered defective. With a 60% probable failure rate, they may want to consider the value of China as a country with very cheap unskilled labor.

Thank you.



Update: Checked on warranty replacement. The closest Service Center is over 30 miles each way, and stated no guarantee of replacement

:( >>Disappointing for the Milwaukee name brand.

I bought a 12v drill with 2 batteries less than a year ago. I used the drill maybe a total of 30 times in the last year and the batteries will not charge any more. I get the red and green flashes on the charger. I have a Ryobi kit that I use multiple times a week that is 2 years old and it still works fine. I also have a Bosch drill that I have had for 6 yrs and the batteries are still fine. I liked the drill but I am really dissapointed in the batteries.

I bought several of these tools last year and all but 1 battery would not charge after modest use. What worked for me was to discharge the batteries completely (I used the flashlight) until it is just a dim glow, and then recharge. Several of the batteries that gave me the flashing red/green indication returned to proper operation, charging to green and giving me 4 LED's on the tool. Maybe this is a cell balancing issue. If the battery is right, with a good charge, I can use the screwdriver all day on a battery.

I too regret buying this drill because of the atrociously short battery life. I've owned the drill for about a year and only use it sporadically. Already the two original batteries have died. I've, however had a different experience with the life of the CHARGE. My batteries kept their charge even over extended periods of use and non-use. The power and ergonomics of this tool are exemplary but at around $30 a pop for new batteries every few months this purchase has been a disaster.

Have been an electrician for 20+ years. The old 80's makita 9.6 lasted, My DeWalt 18xrp has never let me down. The Milwaukee is junk after no use and 3 battery's are defective. Too bad i bought all the M-12 tools. Big mistake

This tool is a dissapointment milwaukee should be ashamed to put thier name on it. I have the drill/saw combo. The drill has no power and the battery dies quick. The saw can not cut through anything and the battery dies even faster. Now that I have given it to my wife the batteries are dead. six thumbs down

SCREW MILWAUKEE CORDLESS TOOLS!



12v batteries dead almost immediatly, should be a recall on these

(48-11-2401, li-ion, 3IMR18/65)went from USA made to German to Austrian now CHINA, screw CHINA too!

if you want great cordless tools buy Panasonic!

Great little tool and very convenient to use with good power. BUT, these are Lithiun-ion batteries and should last more than 1 year. Both batteries died within 1 month of each other 1 yr after gifted to me. They weren't very heavily used and were charged before completely discharged. At a cost of $35 to $40 each, or ~$70 per year to maintane it in operation, I don't recommend it's purchase. - Battery Packs - Cordless Drill - Lithium-ion - M12'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lithium-ion - lithium-ion, battery packs cordless drill Lithium-ion - lithium-ion, battery packs