Saturday 10 July 2010

12 Volt Battery - 12v, battery packs


My Ni-Cad batteries for my Dewalt drill had given up the ghost. I needed some long lasting reliability and found this Ni-MH replacement. It was shipped promptly and packaged well. It is an exact fit in the drill although slightly taller and distinctly heavier. It does last an extremely long time and it charges in the charger that came with my drill. I'm very satisfied with this upgrade. My only complaint is that the battery packs came with no use and care instructions. I had to search on-line to find some guidance from the hobbyist sites for model airplanes and RC cars. Pwr+ 12v 3000mah Ni-mh Replacement for Dewalt 2832k (Cordless Saws) Dewalt 2800 Dc Dw Series Power Tools Battery ; P/n 152250-27 397745-01 Dc9071 De9037 De9071 De9074 De9075 Dw9071 Dw9072

This is my third set of batteries for my Dewalt drill. The drill motor is fine and the best size for my home workshop use, but NiCad have a limited life, eventually failing to drive the drill. These fit perfectly, and stretch the useful working time per charge. The 3000 mAH size are heavier, but don't throw the balance of the tool off.

Seems to be an exact replacement but slightly heavier than the factory NiCad. I immediately charged it using my factory Dewalt charger. Within an hour, the charger's flashing light glowed steadily indicating the battery was fully charged.



I noticed that this NiMh battery was quite warm---much warmer than the factory DeWalt NiCad is after charging. And it remained seriously warm to the touch for several minutes afterward.



My bad! You MUST use the DeWalt DC9310 charger that charges NiCad, NiMh and Lithiums. I initially used the DeWalt 9116 NiCad charger, and it produced the hot battery condition I described above. These batteries seem to be a great alternative replacement to buying the $60+ DeWalt NiCad batteries.

I am a purchasing agent for my company. When I saw the price of batteries at mcmaster I k.ew there had to be a better price. I stumbled upon these and couldn't pass up the price. We purchased 6 of these for drills that are used daily. These batteries last 20%+ longer than the dewalts and are $20 less. Again, this is an excellent product, shipping was fast. The next time I need to replace batteries I will be back.

I got this battery mainly due to the no memory effect as opposed to the NiCad cells. It is beefier and just used it to do some intense drilling and cutting using an angled dewalt drill. Works great and hope it will serve me a few years. No noticeable difference between the NiMH vs NiCad in power delivery.

I looked in all the Big Box stores and franchise stores in my area and could not find a 12V battery pack for my old DeWalt drill. Nearly gave up and bought a new drill! Found this one on Amazon. Though it's for their cordless saw it fits my drill, operates it correctly, charges correctly with my drill charger and, WONDER OF WONDERS, the drill fits the case with the battery pack installed! Now I have twice the battery charge life of the originals with only a slight weight penalty. WELL WORTH IT FOR ME.

Battery fits perfectly, adds very little to overall weight, and has a very long charge cycle. I have not had occasion to do tests, but it probably provides double the battery life I have been used to. I was very pleased with prompt delivery and would recommend both the vendor and the product. - Battery - 12v - Battery Packs - Cordless Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


12 Volt Battery - 12v, battery packs 12v 12 Volt Battery - 12v, battery packs