Friday 25 June 2010

Swimming - thermal, swimming


I ordered this thermal suit based on the previous review which was saying it's a real wetsuit and was very disappointed- it is very thin, probably 0.1 mm compared to normally 2 mm for really thermal wetsuit. It is really a good quality item, well manufactured, looks great just like the picture, probably with a little thermal protection, we did not try it in the water because it was about 10 times thinner that the one we had before. I think it does provide UV protection as advertised and a little bit thermal protection, but the previous 5* review was very misleading to me. The manufacturer never claimed it was a wetsuit- that is why it is not called one. Speedo Kid's UV Thermal Suit, Blue, 4T

We have had our 2 yr old in swim class since summer and we are now in the fall class and they had reduced the water temp a lot!. Since the start of the fall swim our daughter has pretty much cried the whole time due to the water being soo cold and all she wanted to do was get out. We did some internet searching for toddler wet suits and came across this one even though it only had 4 reviews with only 1 being a bad review. We took a chance and ordered last week Thursday and got it by Friday. We ordered a 3T and it fit perfect!. On Tuesday 10/5/10, we went to swim class, and it worked! Our daughter enjoyed swim class again..yea! There were a couple of other kids in the pool with teeth chattering and some whining but not our daughter, she was soo happy! I would recommend this and I did to some of the parents at swim class last night.

I bought two of these speedo suits in pink for my girls 2.5 and 4.5. I got them in size 6-6x although I should probably have gotten my younger one a size 4T. I was looking for a size 5T but they don't have any so I got her the size up thinking that the 4T would be too small. This said, they both wore their suits on a trip to a water park where I knew the water temperature would be rather cold. The water was too cold for ME but THEY were fine. Also, because of the UV50 protection, I didn't have to worry about sunscreen...



I absolutely love this suit. It fits well, it is comfortable and has kept my daughters warm. I also love the bright pink color. It made it easy for me to spot them in the crowd. We plan to use them for their swimming lessons at the local pool.



I highly recommend it!

I am happy with the fit. It is not as tight as a wet suit and doesn't provide the same warmth as an actual wetsuet, but for the purpose of keeping my boys warm in the pool for swim practice or lessons it has been great. One of my boys doesn't like something tight around his neck so the crew neck with a zipper in the front is perfect for him

i wrote this review in July 2009...



"The suit is wonderful.



Pros: sporty, easy to get in/out, keeps my boy warm in/out of the pool even on a warm July day. I noticed a few wimpering/shivering kids around me, but we were happy.



Cons: smells like neoprene. Sizing worked out well for us, but could be a bit tricky. Customer service told us to get a 3T.



My boy is 2 years 8 months old, 37" tall, 36 pounds and wears 3T shirts, 2T pants. Based on Amazon reviews and the weight recommendation of Speedo, we bought the 4T. The suit is a little wide around the thighs and belly, but otherwise everything fits and works well. I figure this gives us some room to grow into."





AND NOW HERE IS A 2 YEAR UPDATE:

LOVE THIS SUIT! So now my boy is 3 years and 8 months, 46" tall and 46 pounds. He wears size 5 shirts and pants. The suit remains in very good shape. The suit still fits my boy serviceably. Yes, the shoulders and neck-line hang a little bit low, the thigh cuffs sit a little high on his mid-thigh. But it fits ok overall, and my boy still enjoys wearing it. One thing - he does put on a thin rash guard as an 'undershirt' for a bit of extra warmth (and he'll last for hour long pool sessions). We could probably make it through another summer, but I'm going to order the next size up and wait to pass this one along to his younger brother.

Received item in a reasonable time, in new condition and as described!

My son is 5 1/2 years old, I purchased a size 6-6X and it was a good fit.

Wasn't tight against the body like most people might wear it but wasn't loose, just about right. The quality was great and the colors were awesome. Thanks!

Though the swim lessons were at an indoor pool, my daughter stated she was very cold swimming in the pool. I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase a wet suit or this "Thermal" suit for her. The differences were in the thickness and price tag. I picked the Thermal suit because I read it's more flexible than the wet suit. I didn't want the suit to restrain her movements during her lessons. I am happy to report the suit did its job. And because the water in the outdoor pools can get very cold, I will also be using it during the summer months.

Love this thermal suit. My 8 year old son is on swim team in AZ and this suit is perfect for him. It keeps him warm while he swims during practice and his swim meets. If it wasn't for this thermal suit he would have had to give up swimming during the winter season. The suit is well made and easy to wear while swimming laps because it's not that thick. I would highly recommend this thermal suit.

Traje muito legal e atendeu nossas expectativas. Temos uma menina de 5 anos e compramos o tamanho 6x, o que ficou um pouco folgadinha, porém como ela é magrinha, tudo bem. Ela agora está fazendo as aulas de natação muito mais concentrada, pois antes ela ficava só tremendo muito... e olha que moramos no nordeste do Brasil, onde a temperatura média é por volta de 25 Celsius. Para lugares mais frios, recomendo uma roupa mais grossa como outras anunciadas aqui na Amazon. - Swimming - Speedo - Thermal - Swimwear'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swimming - thermal, swimming swimming Swimming - thermal, swimming