Friday 25 June 2010

Power Plug Adapter - travel converter, europe


Upon receiving the product, I first verified that it worked in the U.S. without the converter enabled as a simple pass-through adapter. Once it passed this simple test, I gave it to my girlfriend who successfully used the converter in Hong Kong to step down the voltage at her hotel and at the airport. In addition, her roommate at the hotel was from Beijing, China and was also able to use the device to charge her phone and use her laptop.



The adapter itself is made of plastic, so it's as durable as plastic can be. The knobs that slide along the side lock in place once you've fully extended the prongs. It's a little bulky compared to other adapters, but that's because it contains several mechanisms for various prongs and the voltage converter circuitry. It also holds the input plug very snug, and the output plug also feels like a sturdy connection to the wall outlet. Travel Smart By Conair Adapter/Converter Combo with Surge Protection

The unit is easy to use. It worked perfectly for my laptop. I did notice that for the camera charger, in the converter mode my charger became hot quickly so I could only charge for a few minutes at a time. And for my curling iron, the converter mode barely heated the iron while the adapator mode over-heated.

We purchased this Adapter/Converter for a trip to Thailand ..... fortunately, we had a back-up adapter/converter. The Travel Smart by Conair didn't work from day one. It's a poorly constructed, cheap plastic. No surge protection....and none of our appliances (hair dryer, electric toothbrush, etc) would work with it. In fact my hair dryer burned out the first time I used it with this device. It's priced cheaply, but definitely a waste of money.

I took this on a trip to Israel and had a bit of trouble using it at first. The plugs tend to weigh it down and pulled it out of the outlet. Not sure I would purchase it again... and choose the small individual ones instead.

I was in Europe and this product stopped working on day 3. i just repackaged and tried to send back to the seller. this option funny enough had expired the previous day. Thanks seller for a terrible product and thankyou amazon for being unreasonable with your return policies. Let me guess, my comment will be deleted. Where is customer service anymore? - Travel Converter - Voltage Converter - Europe - Converter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Plug Adapter - travel converter, europe europe Power Plug Adapter - travel converter, europe