Friday 25 June 2010

Diamond Blades


Tree roots lifted one section of a concrete patio (a real tripping hazard). Instead of busting & patching the lifted corner, I decided to try cutting an arc in the concrete. Using a small chain to anchor the circular saw, the saw equipped with the diamond blade, easily cut the arc with just 3 passes (adjusted deeper each pass). The blade stayed cool with a little water, just alot of dust. See customer supplied photo. Skil 79510 7-Inch Dry or Wet Cutting Turbo Rim Diamond Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch or Diamond Knockout Arbor for Masonry

I used this blade to dry cut several dozen bricks for a path. It worked quite well and saved me from having to rent a brick table saw for $70. It gets very hot so I kept a bottle of water handy to cool it down between cuts, not sure if that helped extend the life or not. Over all I was pretty happy with it for how much it cost.

I bought 2 of these saw blade so I can cut a big slab to of the concrete into square so it can crack along the cut line. I cut total of more than 200 feet of line 1.5 inch thick with one blade and it still look great. all you need is to feed it with a lot of water and it will do the job.

Used this blade to cut through some ceramic tile....cut thru like butter.. I also cut through some wood underneath the tile. That didn't workout as well but it still made the job easy...highly recommended blade.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Diamond Blades Diamond Blades Diamond Blades