Tuesday 1 June 2010

Accessories - dot paper, notetaking


When you receive the Livescribe pen, you get a starter notebook and this is the size of this A5 notebook, except there are thirty more pages than in the starter notebook. If you have yet to buy a smartpen or no longer have the starter notebook, go into a word document and do a page set up, there should be an option for an A5 page and that it the size of the notebook.



Size: I give this a 5/5 because when you are working on a desk with limited space, like a school desk or on with a computer, this size is perfect. Since it is smaller than the three-subject or single-subject notebook of regular sized paper, you can write easier without needing to maneuver the notebook around to write across the page or down at the bottom. Overall, the size is perfect for what I need.



Layout: I give this a 4/5 because the bottom buttons are laid out across two pages since the notebook is small. So, unless you do not fold the notebook in half and leave it opened, you will have to flip to get to the other buttons. There are no margins in the notebook which is a little weird. The last line does not reach all the way across the page; instead, it is indented some to leave room for the menu key. I think they could have taken that line out and put the other buttons onto the page using that space. Near the bottom by the perforated line is- 1Subject A5 Notebook #: Page #- on every page in all four notebooks, which seems weird since there is already a page number at the bottom corner of the page. You can write over it and the writing still shows up, so that is fine, just annoying. But overall, the layout works just fine for a small notebook.



Front and Back Cover: On both covers are four bubbles. The top bubble is a calculator which works just fine if you need something like that. Underneath that is a status bubble (date, time, battery, storage, audio settings, software version) and a settings bubble (date and time, display (brightness, scroll control, left handed, right handed), volume). Below the status bubble is the menu button called the nav plus which looks like a plus sign with arrows on it. I give this a 5/5 because the controls are what you need to do various tasks with your pen.



Cost: I give this a 4½/5 because it is cheaper than the 1 subject notebooks 4 pack, but not by much. I think that this note book could be a little cheaper since it is smaller and has fewer pages than the single-subject. However, for portability, I think that the price is pretty fair for what it is.



Overall this notebook is a good buy. It is more portable than the 3 or 1 subject notebooks that are regular sized as it can easily be slipped into a purse or a cargo pocket, and it won't take up a lot of space in a briefcase or backpack. If you are looking for something smaller and lighter than an 8½" by 11" options, but big enough to write a lot, then this notebook is for you. Livescribe A5 Single Subject Notebooks 4pk

I'm glad to see Amazon has started carrying these books. Previously I had purchased them on the Livescribe site and had to pay postage.



Having used both the full sized notebook that came with my Pulse pen and the elegant smaller bound ones, I have to say the spiral bound A5 books are my all time favorite.



This size makes it nice to sit at a conference room table and take notes with my laptop next to me and not take up too much room. The spiral allows you to fold the book in half. Though I really liked the elegant smaller bound ones they took up twice the width in use and had to be held open (not hard to do, as they were nicely made).



Another thing I have noted is the price for these notebooks in general is comparable to high quality notebooks without the ability to use the Livescribe pen. I can't complain about that.



I've noted for my purposes these books would hold about 4 months of meeting notes, so a pack of 4 would be a years supply.



Note however, that I have 3 books going at all time. 1. for work. 2. for personal 3. for a journal. So if you combine all these you might go through one quicker. If I were a student all bets would be off as I was a prodigious note taker. For me writing stuff down was a way of remembering things. Just sharing this to set a reference for usage.



The only way I would improve upon these would be to have a built in folder, if I wanted to store other papers and a means of noting your progress in the book, so I could quickly turn to the last page I was on. I close the book when carrying, so as not to damage the pages.

I prefer these smaller size spiral notebooks to the standard size spiral notebooks. They're much easier to transport, the design is simple yet attractive, and it has all the LiveScribe functionality, calculator, settings, recording, etc. You can neatly tear out pages if you wish as there's a perforated piece that makes tearing out pages clean.



These notebooks are for the LiveScribe pens! Not much more else to say, it's a pad of paper used for LiveScibe!

I am a loyal LiveScribe user & supporter and now have two pens so I no longer have to carry one back and forth to school. It you use LiveScribe this works flawlessly, but, an early adopter of this technology, I think it's just that LiveScribe has been constantly improving their products and software. If you were an early adopter like me, you know what I'm talking about. However, I give LiveScribe all the kudos in the world for sticking with this product that keeps getting better and more reliable with each upgrade.

This is a 5 star item, but like my review title states, a bit pricy. However, price is not going to keep me from buying more of these as this device and note paper has saved me from embarrassment (and yes, with its recording feature will and has embarrassed others) is a cool technology that actually works!

I use the Livescribe system on a daily basis. As an individual who constantly sought a way to be organized and be at ten places at one time, I found the Livescribe system to be extremely useful. One of the main features is that once you utilze these types of notebooks, your text will be converted to PDF using the supplied software. From there I can email it to my staff or any one else that may require my notes. It also allows for a search feature that I find very useful where it searches for words in your handwriting. It is very accurate.



I will continue to buy this product and highly recommend it. - Dot Paper - Accessories - Smartpen - Notetaking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Accessories - dot paper, notetaking notetaking Accessories - dot paper, notetaking