Wednesday 19 May 2010

Work Pants


I've had a couple of pairs of these in different colors now, and they are among my favorite slacks. Like all dickies when you get them they are very stiff, almost like lightweight cardboard, but once they break in they are very comfy. The scotchguard treatment works pretty well, and they are resistant to most stains that would indelibly mark untreated cotton.

These are straight cut, flat fronts, so they have a pretty snug fit. If you need more room or want a baggier look, get them larger, or get another cut. Dickies Men's Flat Front Multi Use Pocket Work Pant, Black, 30x32

As a simple good looking work pants, these do the job. They fit well and are very resistant to liquids and wear. However, they are made from something that feels like sack cloth. Not the most comfortable material but sturdy and once broken in, they work very well.

I like these type of pants, but I had to return the pair I ordered because they didn't fit right. They were too tight, which I don't understand since I regularly wear a size smaller than the ones I ordered. I assume that it had to do with the sub-category of "fit" - classic, relaxed or loose, but I haven't found any options to choose which "fit" I want and I saw nothing about it in the description.



Overall, I like the pants. I like the metal clasp instead of a button. The cell/mutli-use pocket is great, but finding the right "fit" online is too much of a chore and unfortunately they still charge you to return them.

Although I have had Dickies in the past, the quality of the sewing around the zipper was bad. After only wearing these to work for the second time, I noticed the stitching was coming apart where the zipper cover was. It looked as if my zipper was open at the top. The pants were not small, as a matter of fact I thought a 36" waist would have been more appropriate after I tried on the 38", but decided to keep the 38 in case of shrinkage. Anyway, I ended up stitching the seam myself, and now all is well, the comfort and easy care of the work pants are fine.

I like these pants, I've ordered 3 pairs from Amazon now. They're durable, fit well, are comfortable, and for $20 the price is right. The style is a nice compromise between jeans and khaki pants.



Beware that the 'dark navy' color is indeed very dark. In poor light you might confuse them for a pair of 'black'.

These were horrible. The first day he wore one pair, they busted open in the butt. He tried the second pair the next day and the same thing happened. We have never had these kind of problems before with Dickies. We have been buying dickies for him for work for the past 5 years and have never had any problems until now....

These pants are my husband's favorite workpants. He first found them at Target and bought 2 pairs. After several months, they were no longer sold at Target. We looked at Sears and JC Penney but they only had the baggy fit. I finally decided to search online and that's when I came across them on Amazon. I bought 2 more pairs for my husband and now he's a happy camper! =)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Work Pants Work Pants Work Pants