Wednesday 19 May 2010

Lifting Gloves


I am very pleased with my purchase of the Valeo Wrist Wrap Lifting gloves - though I do not use them for lifting. Rather, I am in a manual wheelchair and these gloves, with the full 3/4 length on the fingers and the incredible soft, "sticky" leather helps me to move my wheelchair with ease and comfort - and the double thick leather in the palm and "thumb cradle" makes for long lasting performance. I have, and still do, recommend these gloves to other wheelchair bound people who use manual chairs.

Furthermore, the service I recieved from Amazon was first rate. Fair pricing, quick shipping and on-time delivery made this a most enjoyable experience. Valeo Competition Wrist Wrap Lifting Gloves (Medium)

These gloves work for there specific purpose I've had them for only two months and the strap is starting to tear. If you are into serious competition these aren't the gloves for you but for getting in shape and basic weightlifting they work fine.

I owned these gloves for 2 years. Never had a major problem with stitching. They are comfortable gloves, especially the padding on the palm for heavy benching. At first I didn't like the wrist strap, but now I can see how it stablizes the wrist and I like it a lot.



Only downside is that the leather around the fingers do curl/crunch up a bit after 2 years use and I often find myself straightening it out.



But for the price on Amazon - you could buy a pair every year and it's a pretty good price!

The gloves were comfortable. However, the seaming along the fingers came apart within two weeks and less than 5 uses. Unless you only plan to use these gloves for a week or less, invest your money in a different pair. They were a very big disappointment to me.

I gave these 4 stars because of the size. The quality is decent. I'm 5'6 and have average to slightly small hands for my height, but these glove are definitely loose but wearable. When concentrating on lifting weights i am detracted so i don't really notice it, but I measured my hands for the sizing guide and it said xs was 6-7 inches across below the knuckles. Anyway, my measurement was a solid 7 so i almost ordered a size up and glad i didn't. I like a more snug fitting glove and these have creases and wrinkles when i wear them and the fingers are loose, but for $10 I'm not sending them back. Next time i will buy exclusively a woman's glove.

The leather on these gloves feels like plastic and the thumb portion doesn't extend far enough to protect your skin on the inside of your thumb - a spot that needs covering whenever you grip something. Overall, I am not satisfied with these gloves.

These would appear to be great for the price: leather, washable, wrist wraps-- all very impressive. The only problem is, if you frequent the gym like I do, they just don't last long enough. I use the gloves probably four days a week for an hour each day (I don't use wear them on leg days or when doing cardio), and probably wash them every three weeks, and let's just say they aren't the best stitched gloves. One pair I bought actually lasted me six months, but the replacement only made it to six months after I got my wife to sew up all the rips. On my third pair, they are not looking good after two months. These will do the job for light usage, but I'm going to treat myself and try to find something that lasts longer.

For some reason, when I was lifting, my wrist were being pressured by some of my sets. I brought these and the price is right as well. I just got them today and wore them. They look the pressure off my wrist and gave me more support just like it should. Yeah I'll will buy them again when I need new ones.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lifting Gloves Lifting Gloves Lifting Gloves