Wednesday 19 May 2010

Battery Charger - charger


This is about as simple as a charger can get. An AC plug in transformer with a voltage select switch and color coded alligator clips at the end of the cord. It charged both of my batteries (6 and 12 volt) without any problems and gets only slightly warm to the touch. The charge rate varied between 400 ma to 40 ma (depending on battery condition) and produces pulsating DC. UPG D1724 Sealed Lead Acid Battery Charger (6V/12V Switchable Single-Stage with Alligator Clips)

Arrival of very hot weather seemed to coincide with annoying beeping of my house alarm. Further investigation determined that the battery needed charging.



12V sealed lead-acid batteries of the type used in many house alarms are pretty expensive. Fortunately, they are rechargeable. This charger only costs about 1/4 to 1/3 of the price of a new battery.



I let it charge during a weekend for a total of about 12-16 hours. I don't recommend leaving things like this charging while you're away from home or asleep, just in case.



No more beeping, so it seems to have worked. The charger does NOT have an LED light or other feature to indicate that it is "on" or whether in fact it is "done" charging.

This is a no frills trickle charger that will recharge and maintain a charge in my sealed acid 1.5V battery. There is no display to let you know exactly when it is fully charged, but I let it charge for a full day and check it with my battery meter and it is fully charged.

This item should be listed as I have, because it will charge only small batteries, (lawn Tractor, or such items) that have loss their charge over a long period, as is common with lead acid batteries.It will maintain batteries that sit idle over the winter, and recharge small like batteries, if the discharge was do to idle periods. If your battery, "dies" after only a few days replace it, as it more than likely has a bad cell(shorted) and you will ruin these chargers, as they will put out the max they can and eventually "burn" up, do to excess heat.They can be used on large batteries that are in good shape,to "Maintain" the charge. Don't confuse these units for a full size battery charger, they charge at 4-10 AMPS, this unit only puts out Milli amps.

I ordered this battery to replace the failed battery in my portable air compressor. I was very glad to find this, since it saved me the cost of a new compressor. So far, the battery performs great and seems to have a longer life than the old one. It fit perfectly in my battery area, which had no margin for error. By the way, since I tried to be a responsible citizen by taking my old battery to a recycle center, it paid off because they gave me 5 bucks for my old one!! So, it can pay off to think of the environment. - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Charger - charger charger Battery Charger - charger