Wednesday 12 May 2010

Office Supply - hole punch, 3-hole punch


I got this several days ago, and I can't say that I've been pleased. When I think of the Swingline brand, I think of quality. Well, first I think of Office Space, and then I think of quality. I feel this isn't the case.



Pros:

[+] It fits in my 3-ring binder.

[+] The plastic that it is made of is actually of pretty good quality and feels like it wouldn't break easily.



Cons:

[-] The hinged metal portion does not line up perfectly (likely a problem with tolerancing) making it very difficult to punch a hole in paper.

[-] The paper guide works for the bottom of the paper but not for the edge of it, because the hinge pushes it more to the right. So it doesn't line up the paper well at all...



I've basically stopped using it after only a short time, as I've decided it's better to just hold on to what I needed hole-punched and use the larger hole punch at home. Swingline Portable 3 Hole Punch, 3 Sheet Capacity, 9/32 Inch Hole Size, Translucent Blue, Purple or Green, Color May Vary (A7074042R)

i have a dark purple one i got 4-5 years ago and its still working! it really only max punches out about 6 pages of 20# paper, biggest kicker is the little paper buttholes end up flying everywhere but im not about to spend a small fortune buying a better one, I rarely need it and it fits nicely in a 3 ring binder for when I need to hole punch something at home or out and about.. well worth the cheap price.

I'm happy with it. I've been able to hole punch a packet of 6 pages, but that needed a bit of strength on my side. I love how it has a plastic thing on the end for lining up the papers, so if you hole punch papers separately they will line up perfectly with each other. I gave it a 4 and not a 5 because the little hole punch circles don't have a place to go and can get messy. Sometimes I punch a hole and the little papers pop up and go everywhere, but that doesn't happen a whole lot. Over all I would recommend you get this product.

The rigid plastic holes that attach it to the metal rings of the binder broke off within a month for my 5th grade son. I recommend a regular one that doesn't attach to the binder. Much higher quality for the same price. - 3-hole Punch - X-acto - Hole Punch - Hole Puncher'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Supply - hole punch, 3-hole punch 3-hole punch Office Supply - hole punch, 3-hole punch