Wednesday 12 May 2010

Compact  stove


I got this stove to go camping with my mom. We are not really big campers(i.e. have no idea what we're doing) and needed something that would fit into our back packs. I chose this one because of the Coleman name and the low price. The place we went camping didn't allow fires only propane stoves and I didn't want to break the bank. It works great, it's very sturdy and can boil about 3 cups of water in about 2 or 3 minutes. We made coffee, eggs, all sorts of stuff. It's strong enough to hold a full size frying pan. Puts out a lot of heat. It's really easy to set up and light. Can't beat it for the price. I would recommend it highly. The only thing might be if it's very windy I don't know how well it would stay lit, but I didn't have that problem. It gets the suburban blonde girl seal of approval. Coleman PefectFlow 1-Burner Stove

I purchased this stove for emergency use in our home should we loose all power. It works fine. One of the issues for me was burn time. I did my own experiments and came up with the following:



Boil time for (2 cups water) = 8 min on (Simmer) = 5.5 hrs burn time per canister.



Boil time for (2 cups water) = 4 min on (Low) = 3.5 hrs burn time per canister.



Boil time for (2 cups water) = 3 min on (Med) = 2.5+ hrs burn time per canister.



Boil time for (2 cups water) = 3 min on (High) = 2.0+ hrs burn time per canister.



While this is not a scientific test, it might give one a little more idea of how long they might can use a canister utilizing the above listed settings.

When you don't want to tote along your BIG camp stove, this thing ROCKS. You'll have a hot cup of coffee in no time. It's foolproof. It's probably bulletproof. Simple, robust design, plenty of heat, a stable design -- this is an EXCELLENT tool.

Coleman makes the best camping gear and this stove attachment is perfect for backpacking. Its lightweight and is wide enough (8 inches) to steadily hold any pot or pan. The regulator can be turned down very low and still not be blown out by wind. Easily attaches to Coleman propane containers and has a nice canister base that is also steady. You really don't need more than one of these for two campers. Cleans easily as well.

This product is awesome!! I've been camping for years and have always built a fire to cook my food on. Now that I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday, I wanted a quick way to continue to do this while camping without having to build a fire every morning for my bowl of oats. I used this and it was so easy and worked great! A canister of propane lasted me all week cooking breakfast every day along with most dinners. I can't wait to have this product quick at hand for the next time it rains during my camping adventures! Highly recommend this, worth every penny!

This is a great stove for camping. At first I was concerned about weight the stove would be able to stand, since tall items are usually unstable. This was not a problem. I was able to boil water on a percolator without a problem. I later boiled water in a regular sized pot and once again no worries about it tipping over. Other than the fact that you need a match to light it, the stove is great. Lighting it is simple and easy but of course I would prefer a matchless option. If it had a matchless option it would have go 5 stars from me.

We love this stove. OUr requirements for camping were that the stove had to be compact, large enough to cook two items at once. Easy to use, and cheap. This fit the bill. We looked at other Coleman stoves, but they seemed to have the burners to close together, were to large, or to expensive. This solved our problem by separating the burners so that we could have them far apart enough to cook, we simply purchased two of them. They are small and compact enough to fit into our camping tote. (We read a review that complained that it did not have a carrying bag. For $18 I do not need a carrying bag, it is durable enough to go in my tote with the other camping items. If you want a more portable stove Coleman makes hiking ones.) As for cooking power I was able to get 1L of water to a rapid boil in 4min. That is range top in my home.

Bottom Line: This is a great stove, and for the price it is amazing.

In the wake of Hurricane Irene, we lost power for several days. On top of that, our water company notified us that we must boil our drinking water for several days. This was a perfect way to boil pots of water and not heat up the house as well. In my opinion, it is a great little camp stove.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Compact  stove Compact  stove Compact  stove