Friday 14 May 2010

External Hard Drive


This cable is very easy to conect, brings inmediate speed boost vs standard SATA1 cables or USB - Firewire interfaces. In one word: FAST!!!



Some facts:

If you have an IDE or SATA1 Hard Drive you will not notice the advantages of the speeds reachable with this cable.

To fully appretiate the true potential of a SATA2 or eSATA2 cable you MUST have at least two SATA2 hard drives that run at 3.0Gb/s both.



So if your external drive is SATA2 and your internal drives are SATA1 or IDE you will notice no difference in time transfers as you should with 2 SATA 2 drives.



From my HDD (Seagate SATA1) to a external SATA2 Drive a 4.88GB File was transfered through this eSATA cable in 6 minutes, 42 secs.

Same file through USB 2.0 cable was transferred in 5 minutes, 48 secs.



In other computer same file through 2 SATA2 Hard drives, one internal and one external using this cable, was transferred in 3 minutes, 19 secs.



So, change to SATA2 and wellcome to the almost SCSI speeds world!! StarTech 6-Feet Shielded External eSATA Cable M/M (ESATA6)

So far so good. Have connected two external eSATA drives side-by-side using 6 ft. external shielded eSATA cables and they're working great. I use them for DV standard video capture and editing and have had no problems with data throughput.

I went through 3 eSATA cables before I found this one, and this cable is a clear winner. It isn't as stiff as my other cables so I don't have to sit my devices three hundred feet from the wall in order to get the cable to fit properly, and the connection seems much more reliable than others I've tried (comparable to USB thus far). I had sort of assumed that eSATA was a trade-off with USB before I found this. Now I realize it's just better.

I brought this cable to use with my desktop PC and external harddisk, after about 3 months it failed



The cable connection appeared loose - I'm not sure if this is specific to this cable or a design issues with eSata, but i'd expect the connector to lock into place. On several occasions this caused my PC to fail to boot due to the cable becoming loose. The transfer speed was good (when working)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


External Hard Drive External Hard Drive External Hard Drive