Monday 24 May 2010

Dewalt - framing nails


Many of the nails were bent. It took me an hour to get the bent ones out. Very poor quality nails. I gave it two stars because the remaining nails did work in the Hitachi NR83A without any trouble. What make this so annoying is the extremely high price. I just ordered 3000 Hitachi nails of the same kind for only a little more. If you buy B&C nails you will lose time doing their quality assurance and pay a premium for it!! B & C Eagle A2X113HDR/22 Full Head 2-Inch by .113-Inch by 20 to 22 Degree Plastic Collated Hot Dipped Galvanized Ring Shank Framing Nail (500 per Box)

I ordered the 500 box to try them out in my Hitachi NR90AE. The 2 inch size is hard to find at any of the big box stores and those that I did find looked pathetic compared to the Hitachi brand. The pack I got was well boxed and every nail was in perfect condition. The galvanization is smooth and shiny and so far have experienced no feeding issues with the nail gun. I am definitely going to get the 6000 count box on my next order.

These nails did not work well in my Bostich F21PL framing nailer, even though that nailer was listed on the side of the box in the "designed to work with..." list.



The plastic of the collation was so soft that it did not snap off like other nails I have used in the nailer. Instead, the plastic stayed together, forming a "snake" of spent plastic that gummed up the works. I suppose I could have pulled out the nails after each shot, trimmed the plastic, and reloaded. Since my project was done out on our ranch, far from big-box hardware stores, this failure created a significant inconvenience.

Perhaps this lot was not properly manufactured, so yours might turn out better.



The nails, on the other hand, were fine, so I give a couple stars for that. Only the collating plastic was a problem.

I could not find these nails at any of the big box home improvement stores.

But Amazon had them. They are exactly what I needed. They were a good price, and arrived promptly. What more can you ask for? - Framing Nails'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dewalt - framing nails framing nails Dewalt - framing nails