Monday 10 May 2010

Custom Leathercraft - tool belts, tool pouch


I bought this tool bag to put electrical maintenance tools and it's perfect. There are numerous pockets to hold everything from my tong meter & tone generator to a pair of scissors. I like the fact that the flap secures tools when not in use and the flap contains a compartment for test leads. The shoulder strap is handy, there is a carrying handle and a loop to run a belt through.With regards to the shoulder strap I thought it was silly but it is incredibly convenient. When carrying tools from my car I sling it over my shoulder and have hands free to carry other stuff-nice feature. Custom LeatherCraft 1509 21-Pocket Zippered Professional Electricians Tool Pouch

Now, I know enough to tell you that guy's tool pouches are almost as personal as a woman's purse! I am NOT a licensed electrician, but I do enough of that work that I'm familiar with most of their tools and where I want the tools to be when I need them. This pouch is adequate in this respect. Being able to zip the main compartment shut is sweet! A builder's pouch will cost you time looking for missing tools after tossing it into the back of a truck very many times. One item I would have liked to had on this unit is a metal tape measure clip. I will probably scarf one off of something else and rivet it to this one. The shoulder strap "works for me" too. All in all, very functional.

When i purchaced this item online, it was difficult to see exactly what i was buying but i really wanted to try a zippered pouch in order to keep my tools safe from time to time. What i recieved was more than what i expected and more than what the picture and details offer you. Its hard to see how the pockets are arranged and for some like me, it is crucial they be placed accordingly. I am an electrician and it holds more than what i could care to bring but that is good in that the room is there when you need it. This bag has space!! If you can picture one pouch placed inside another one with a zippered flap, then this is what you have. Not only do you have the regular pockets but you have a whole other outer barrier of inbetween space to do with as you please.



There is a difference in the bag that i recieved and the one shown here. The mesh on the front flap is no longer present (at least not on mine). This is not inconvenient but rather better as i could see my leads getting caught in the mesh. Just be aware of this tidbit.



I like that it has a range of possibilities in which to carry it. From shoulder to handle to belt. The only thing if you are thinking about carrying this on your belt...it is big. I would reccomend a light load as it is not a smart weight distributor hanging off your hip.



Ive been in the plumbing, carpentry, framing and now electrical field for quite some time now and i will say that this pouch along with my VETO PRO-PAC XL is the best combination i have ever owned.

This is a great quality tool bag, plentiful pockets, fits more tools than I ever thought possible. Although I am very happy with the tool pouch and will be keeping it. The tool pouch I received is not the same as Amazon pictured, it lacks the front netting pocket. I provided an actual picture of the tool pouch for future buyers. I did not detract any stars since this is great tool pouch. But giving Amazon two stars ** for this oversight.

I do a fair amount of low voltage work, ethernet, video, audio, security as well as some 110/220 work and for many years I have been searching for the "perfect" technician's tool carrier. I used to use a tool belt with a telco lineman's pouch, then plastic tool boxes, cloth pouches and even attache' tool cases. The 1509 is pretty much a perfect combination in that it has lots of holders to keep tools in place, is durable cloth and lightweight, has a nice rubber handle, and a zippered flap to keep tools from falling out - or jumping out and running away as they sometimes appear to do.

A lot of thought went into the design of this pouch and about the only thing I'd like to see added is the ability of the pouch to stand up but that may be hard to design since the weight of the tools varies by user. They do make a stand-up pouch but it's heavier and doesn't close up like this one. A nice feature is the well padded shoulder strap.

How much do I like it? I've just ordered another one. At under thirty bucks you can't beat it at twice the price.

I was tired of losing tools. I bought this tool pouch, it is light, has alot of space even pockets for pens, shapies,pencils, etc and like for small paperwork or notes. I have alot of hand tools so a packed it. The only thing I didnt like it doesnt close all the way, but it still closes to where if your bag tips over everything will not go flying everywhere.

The only problem that I have found with this tool pouch so far is that when you put your longer handled tools in the bag it makes it impossible to zip it up for convenient carrying, which is one of the main reasons that I had purchased this one, instead of a leather type tool pouch. However, with that being said I have just used mine open all the time to accommodate for this problem. All in all, it is a great bag with just enough pockets for any electrician or automation technicians job. Small enough that it is lighter than the handle or bucket type but big enough to put most of the tools that you use out in the field in. This was a great decision on my part to purchase this bag. You will not be disappointed with this tool pouch!

This pouch has everything I wanted. I climb utility poles and needed something that would hold everything securely. This pouch holds everything you coud want, has a zippered section, and has a nice padded back where it rubs on the leg. All in all a great buy.

I don't like wearing a "tool belt" all the time and often lost tools when my lumbering gait bounced tools right out of my bags. This solved that problem by allowing me to zip the whole thing shut when wearing it with a belt, and also helped prevent the problem when worn with the shoulder strap like a satchel. I also like the heavy duty handle to carry it like a tool box.



This pouch has the ideal size to carry my cable TV installation/disconnection tools perfectly and keep everything in easy reach. My tools stay secure, without falling too deep to be fished out by a blind one handed grab. The material seems heavy enough for my use, and so far I couldn't be happier with the purchase.



Mine like some of the others did not have the cheap looking mesh on the flap either, much to my relief and simply featured a nice zippered pocket. - Portable Pouches - Tool Pouch - Tool Belts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Custom Leathercraft - tool belts, tool pouch tool pouch Custom Leathercraft - tool belts, tool pouch