Monday 19 April 2010

Tool Bags - custom leathercraft, excellent


This is a great bag. Bigger than I'd thought it would be, with pockets everywhere. I'd give it 5 stars, but my only gripe is that I wish that it was easier to access the big middle storage area. I always have to move the handle aside to move my items in & out. (Which isn't really that much of a bother....) Custom LeatherCraft 1528 23 Pocket Large Electrical and Maintenance Tool Carrier

About Me: I work on a little bit of everything, home remodeling, electrical, plumbing, appliances, security systems, surveillance systems, so my favorite, gotta have tools run the gamut. My old bag was a smaller AWP of similar style.



About this bag...



First off, I just got it and loaded it up so my opinion will change as time goes on. What follows are just my initial impressions.



Pros: Nice bag. Nice construction. Looks like it will last for years. You can cram a lot of stuff in this bag. The small parts box in the bottom is a nice touch and will come in handy. Looks impressive when fully loaded.



Cons: I think they really missed the boat on how they laid out the tool storage. There are no loops for storing screw drivers and nut drivers so you either have to cram them all into one of the large inside pockets or split them up one or two to a pocket in the outside pockets. Some of the outside pockets are so deep, you can't use them for most tools so they are limited to longer tools like channel-locks or linesman pliers. Pockets for regular sized hand tools (pliers, needle-nose etc.) are also in short supply. I don't like putting more than one tool in a pocket. The zippered pocket/mesh pocket on the one end is too small. Should have been more pouch like in order to make it more crammable (is that a word?).



I'll keep it, but I'm sure I'll have to add a few "after-market" customizations to make it work for me. I uploaded some pics to give you a better idea. They sure left a little to be desired in that area. All-in-all, would I buy it again? Yes.

Previously had the smaller version, which was excellent, but needed the extra room and bigger parts compartment.

Extremely pleased with the design and performance of this toolbag. It's listed as having fewer pockets than it's smaller brother, but as I packed it, it seemed to have many more. And the shoulder strap makes it easy to carry.

Highly recommended. A+++++++++++...............

great tool bag, I use this at work every day. Hold all my maintenance tools i need, plus room for extra tools. Holds 30 to 40 pounds of tools and hardware with ease. Highly recommend this tool bag, great parts tray hides under tool bag.

This tool bag is working very well for me. Pleanty of pockets so I don't have to dig to find the tool I'm looking for. I also like the small parts container that stores in the bottom of the bag. The only thing buyers need to be aware of is that this is a LARGE bag. Some may prefer a little bit smaller bag.

This isLasted 2 years and finally wore out , I am a service plumber and I need a real bag to carry real tools. This is my second bag of this style. The first was GREAT! The 2nd one I purchased had changed and for the worse. They added these steel dowels into the handles and into the bad vertically in all 4 corners. ALL the dowels have come out and before i knew this i scratched a customer's floor. The bag is very uncomfortable to carry..Trust me I carry this a lot all day. The sides have collapsed even with the steel dowels. The old one never had this in it. Just another example of messing up something that is aleady good. I am now trying to return this product either for an exchange or a refund. This is a $30 bag. That is not cheap. Home Depot has the same style for $20 with an additional larger bag. I liked this one and bought another . If Amazon or the company does nothing then I will buy 2 cheap ones instead of this company's now marginal product. A lot of you are probably saying this guy is just a complainer. I buy all quality tools and am a professional. I think companies need to be accountable and a lot are NOT!!!! Thanks for listening.. Good luck with your bag If you use it light duty then maybe it will not be a problem but if this company wants to hang with pros then they better man up..

I'm on my second CLC 1528 tool bag in 6 years. Both times I did my research and both times ended up with the 1528. I carry this bag in and out of homes on a daily basis, and although I've got it chock full and weighing 50 lbs. I rarely need anything I can't fit in this bag. I'm a low voltage installer and this bag is perfect. I can fit nearly every tool I need in this bag, including my drill and bits/drivers. The bottom tray is awesome for all the small fittings and parts I need. My only complaints are the metal rods in the carry handle pierce through the fabric (so I simply removed them), and would not be an issue if you primarily use the shoulder strap (which I do not). The vertical support rods eventually push through the bottom, which is not cool when you're setting your bag down on someone's maple flooring in their 1.2 million dollar home. The mesh zippered bag side and the opposite tape measure side both need vertical rods in the outside corners to keep the sides from deforming, which they don't have (again, I've fixed this issue myself). All the cons aside, I'll choose this bag again when my current one needs replacing. I know its downfalls and I can live with or fix them.

best tool bag by far, i've owned 2 of carriers already and when i went back to the box store get another one they had stopped carry them. i searched everywhere for one no one carried them.

then i decided to check with amazon, i should have known they would have it. i've never been disappointed with amazon.

I do HVAC systems in biochem labs and hospitals and this bad is PERFECT for me. From the size to the layout to the compartments, this thing is the bomb! A coworker dug on it right away and asked me to order one for him right away - Craft Bag - Custom Leathercraft - Tool Bag - Excellent'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Tool Bags - custom leathercraft, excellent tool bag Tool Bags - custom leathercraft, excellent