Monday 19 April 2010

spark plugs - spark plugs


Hey, these things really make my LS1 run a whole lot better.

By better, I mean better mileage and smoother performance.

I just bought them because I had 30K on the old ones. I was

surprised to feel a power difference. Bosch (4505) HGR8DQI Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plug, Pack of 1

I put 6 of these into two different Blazers. A 1999 and a 2001, both with the Trailblazer trim package. After 6 months of use, both engines have seen a significant decrease in fuel efficiency, losing an average of 3mpg. That's a 15% drop in fuel economy. I've since learned these plugs do not do well in GM engines in general and Chevys in particular. I will be replacing them all this weekend with stock platinum AC Delco plugs.



Do yourself a favor. If you are considering these plugs, do a little research first and make sure you are going to get out of them what you hope. I didn't and now I'm paying for it.



I am not saying these are inherently bad plugs. It's just that these plugs don't perform well in my application.

Purchased this for my 1999 Ford Taurus with Bosch 09743 Premium Spark Plug Wire Set.Unfortunately my car still had the original spark plugs and wire set (130,000 miles).Replacing the wires and spark plugs improved my engine response overall. Engine runs a lot smoother than before.

I honestly did not think I'd be able to notice my engine running quieter and smoother, but I'm happy with this even if it doesn't improve my gas mileage!I was concerned with misfires, and what some people commented was to make sure that the wires go to the exact place where they came from.I was very careful when replacing the wires and the spark plugs. It was a fairly easy job to do, taking about an hour to finish it all!Highly recommend this spark plugs. Later on I'll comment on gas mileage, since I do gas control for the past 3 years with my car. I'll be able to know how big of an improvement it gave me on gas mileage.Average before Spark Plugs & Wire Set:

City: 19 MPG

Highway: 22 MPGAverage after Spark Plugs & Wire Set:

City: Will update later

Highway: Will update later

These spark plugs may be a clever implementation of an old idea, but they don't get along with my Ford Explorer. Immediately after installing these, the engine began to misfire at 1500-2000 RPM no load and at very light load (30MPH in 5th gear). Misfire city. Fine under load, so they were not cracked. Hundreds of misfires on the OBD2 counter. Searching the internet revealed I was not the only one having problems with bosch plugs in explorers. Just to be sure, I also cleaned the MAF sensor and checked for vacuum leaks. Replacing these with autolite APP103 cured the misfire. I suspect the "no gap required" is not a hot enough spark. Avoid these in a ford explorer. I had to give a rating - 0 stars is more appropriate. I wish I could return them.

Our Aviator had 90,000 plus miles so it was time to change plugs. Make sure you have your dealer change the plugs because it's not easy. You have to remove several items before you get to the plugs. I took it to the Lincoln dealer and they changed the plugs for me in approximately 1.5 hours. These plugs run identical to stock. At first I was getting 50 more miles per tank and an additional 1 mpg gallon but now it has tampered off. No problems so far.

In conjunction with new Motorcraft plug wires i picked up a few horses and i think a tad better mileage so far. Have driven over 500 miles on them no engine codes or problems so they run fine. Went into my 99 Taurus with a Vulcan engine

Well I finally changed my old plugs with these ones, got more power engine, better gas mileage BUT i notice my car starts vibrating as soon as I hit 60 mph. dont understand why but that is my only issue. - Spark Plugs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


spark plugs - spark plugs spark plugs spark plugs - spark plugs