Wednesday 28 April 2010

School Supplies - pencil sharpeners, pencil


Ok, so here I go. Reviewing something only me and other "review" addicts would review. A sharpener. Two holes. Sharpens very well. It's got a nice size shaving container to hold twice as many shavings as my previous two sharpeners. It still lacks the "technology" to prevent the shavings from sticking to the blade; but, so does every other sharpener from what I can tell. All joking aside, I actually do have a another reason for rating this sharpener and giving it 5-stars, and that's the two clips on the side that prevent shavings from flying all over your face when you go to empty the thing. I've used plenty of words that you may or may not find in the dictionary when emptying the last two sharpeners, so this little added function to a sharpener was very welcomed. Instead of manufacturing the pieces so that tension is the only way to keep the top and bottom halves together, the sharpener has clips to secure it, in addition to light tension between the top and bottom contacts. So, once you push in the clips, only slight pulling is required to separate the halves. Not so with the other sharpeners. You will still need to be careful, though, since there is no "stop" to prevent any sort of jerking motion from your hand once you push in the side clips and separate the top and bottom parts. Still, the extra control the clips provide have prevented any run-ins with pencil shavings, and thus, is highly recommended. Now, if you're a guy, you may or may not have to answer some questions, as "Assorted Colors" actually means assorted colors. I got pink. Go figure. Luckily, I work with grown-ups, so I haven't had someone get silly on me yet. But, I'm not holding my breath as there's always that one guy.... Maped Tonic 2-Hole Sharpener with Metal Insert, Assorted Colors (006900)

I got this in blue (It's a pity you can't choose your own color. I really wanted the green one).



Anyway, I use this for sharpening eyeliner. It's very good. The blade is nice and sharp, and the attached container holds all the pencil shreds you can dispose of later.

I bought this based on the positive reviews here and I was not disappointed! I got a blue one (I really want a green one!! Just like the other reviewer. I wonder if they have green ones at all...)



It does the job superbly and sharpens my pencils fast and sharply. My other two sharpeners cannot compete!

This pencil sharpener, I have to say is the best pencil sharpener I have ever come across. Most cheap pencil sharpener's (or even the expensive ones) break very easily on the contact of a very sturdy pencil. I once bought a name-brand pencil at my local wal-mart, and at the first sharpening use, it broke. This one, yes it wears down after months and years of heavy-duty use, but yes it works and it's worth it. I especially love how it lasts longer than most. Some of the down sides are that the graphite can really stain the sharpener and it can also escape from the two sharpening holes. It is made of plastic, so it wears down when used heavily. DO NOT OVERUSE!! Just use it when necessary.

Got this model at a local art shop, and just came across it online in researching other sharpeners. I was quite surprised to see the multiple favorable reviews of the product, given the horrible job it has done with any pencil I have sharpened it with; it has with great success broken the core tip of every pencil I have sharpened. Maybe the elusive green model, which I have, just doesn't perform well as the other colors.

This was given as a gift to my mother when she was recuperating from a broken hip. If it had been defective or deficient you can believe I would have heard about it either from her or from my sister who was visiting daily. Since there were no complaints, I will give it a good rating.

I've always been pleased with the products I've bought from this company, so I had high hopes for this sharpener. Unfortunately, the sharpener ate any pencil I tried to sharpen in it. I'm very satisfied with the "Clean" sharpener from Maped, and I'm sure I'd buy another product from them....just not this sharpener.

I had gone through a few of the cheap plastic sharpeners and they were awful. My daughter's teacher suggested I buy a metal one. When I saw this online (I needed to add a small item so I would be entitled to free shipping), I ordered it. Very wise purchase. My daughter says it's great. I wish I had bought a couple more. - Pencil Sharpeners - School Supplies - Pencil - Easy-to-use'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


School Supplies - pencil sharpeners, pencil pencil sharpeners School Supplies - pencil sharpeners, pencil