Wednesday 28 April 2010

Coleman


Ordered the Large Blue suit. Just tried on and here are my first impressions.



This is a true rain suit which means it does not breath and is meant for heavy rain work or walking around in. You will definitely sweat if the weather is light mist and/or raining and warm.



Size-wise the Large fit me just fine. I'm 5'8 and 200 lbs with a large chest and belly to go with it. Normally wear a 40 pants and 42-44 jacket. The extra length on the arms and legs work well for taller guys. I would think this suit will fit someone up to 6' 3 fairly easy. Without trying out the suit in the rain here is one improvement that would be nice. It would have been nice to have pants pocket access slits on the side of the pants. I do appreciate that the coat has two good pockets, but it would be nice to access front pants pockets without going through the waistband. Not a huge deal, but would be nice and I would have paid more for that access.



Otherwise this rain suit is just what I wanted. I live in Seattle and it rains a lot here. This suit will allow me to slosh through heavy rain and enjoy my walks.



The material is fairly heavyweight at 20 MM and comes packed in small bag that I'll never get back into again.



All in all a great price on a good rain suit. Coleman 20mm PVC Rain Suit, Black, Large

My fiance is the driller for a Natural Gas Company, so he seems to go thru rain suits constantly. They always tear. This is the first time I bought this brand of suit and he likes it much more than any suit he has had in the past. It's much more durable. I ordered him an X-Lg b/c he has to layer clothes under it for his job... he's 6'3" and 190 pounds ((maybe 195)), and it fits him great, still allowing room for his coveralls, sweater and jeans.

This rain suit is not intended for anyone who moves. I work outside and the rain pants tore completely in half within ten minutes of me working. The jacket made it until the end of my shift, and then the whole zipper section came detached. Now this item is on it's way to a landfill. I would have been better off covering myself with the money I spent on this.

Like the other reviews regarding it breaking say, it's flimsy. On the very first day I got it, just lifting my leg over my bicycle seat made it tear (it tore so easily, I didn't even notice it until my knee got wet). The only reason I gave it 2 stars was because the fit was appropriate and it was cheap. If you're only going to walk near your neighbourhood (and you don't take long strides) I guess it would be fine.

Terrible product. It came in the mail and looked great. Two piece rain suit. The material felt thin but I wasn't worried since all the reviews were five stars. Well, it started raining so I got excited to test out my new suit. Went for a bike ride in the rain and the pants got a huge rip during my ride and the sleeve of the top ripped when I tried to tighten it. Maybe this suit will work for very light use but even then I would recommend against purchasing this flimsy product.

This rain suit worked pretty well this weekend when it was all stormy while we were camping.



I ordered a Medium, but could have probably gone with a small. I typically wear Mediums in shirts and coats, so I thought a Medium in this rain suit would be just big enough to fit over my clothes. I was wrong. The arms are several inches too long and the velcro cuffs don't adjust tight enough. The legs were also several inches too long, so I rolled them.



I didn't get wet when it was raining very hard, so it served it's purpose. My trail maps stored in my coat pocket stayed dry also. I wish the hood had one of those small visors that other rain suits feature, but it did okay without it. I knew when purchasing that it didn't have this feature. I had a small sun hat on under the hood and that helped keep my face dry.



It didn't fold up to store easily. I believe I'll just roll and rubber band it for future uses.



It kept me dry, so did it's purpose and the price on amazon was better than all the local stores :)

This rainsuit is precisely what I wanted it to be when I ordered it. Since I am taking it on an extended hiking trip, I needed it to do double duty and keep me warm as well as be completely water impenetrable. Mission accomplished. It's exactly right.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Coleman Coleman Coleman