Friday 30 April 2010

Rc Helicopter


Ok I did not buy this on Amazon, I got it at a local expo show and paid a little more but it is the same heli. This is a very nice helicopter and despite other reviews seems to be very durable. To give an example I have crashed numerous times, including into the ground, into a tree, a telephone pole, a steel automotive lift (the things that lift cars in mechanic shops), while I have a few dents and dings in the rotors they are still solid and it still flies. The balance bar bent as well but I just bent it back and all is well. I would call that pretty good considering some of the more high dollar helis like my friend has the rotor will shatter upon contact with a solid surface.



There is a learning curve to flying this. Just because it is a gyro copter, dont think that you can just take it out and fly with out crashing. I had a hard time getting off the ground for the first day, ground effect came in and made it go left every time. After some practice and messing with the trim tabs on day 2 I got really good at it. It is affected by wind but ALL helicopters are. This is to include real helicopters. Not something I generally bring up but in this case it might help, I use to be on a flight line with the AH-64A and AH-64D on a regular basis, I also worked on the guidance systems and weapons. Wind has a dramatic affect on a large heli so small winds can and will knock an RC to the ground. To start learning either do it on a day with no wind or find a gym/auditorium to start.



Battery time is not bad, I get about 15 minutes per charge, it takes about 2.5 hrs to recharge the battery. I just ordered 5 more batteries here on amazon so that I can get about an hour or more of play time before having to wait on a charge. Overall I am satisfied with the purchase and actually am going to get one for my buddy who paid over 400 on his Pro heli that is too hard to get off the ground. I figure use these a learning tool then get to the bigger more advanced 4 - 6 channel helis.



Again just a suggestion, but get good with it at about 1.5 - 2 ft off the ground first. Its harder to fly closer to the ground because of ground effects so if you can get good close to the ground you should have no problems higher in the air. Newest DH 9053 26 Inches Volitation 3.5 Channel Outdoor Metal Gyro RC Helicopter

I have been flying the Double Horse 9053 for some time now and it seems to fly just fine. It does fly best on on a calm day but most of the Dual rotor helis are. It has been very fun to fly. Parts are easly available.Updated Balance Bar For The Double Horse 9053 Gyro Helicopter

I am an experienced Heli pilot and I wanted something that would do well outside. Given the size of this very large helicopter, it is impractical to fly inside a normal sized house. As others have commented, it there is any breeze outside, this helicopter will struggle to stay under control. Unlike some of the other reviews, I did not find it very durable. While flying it outside, a gust of wind caused it to crash on soccer field. The canopy tore, and the outer shaft actually bent. Some of the plastic parts holding the canopy together also broke. I would loved to have tried it in a gym, I bet it would have faired better there. So in summary, too big to fly indoors in my house. Too hard to control outside if there is the slightest breeze. Not as durable as most of the Mini Helicopters and one crash bent the outer shaft and tore the canopy.

Double Horse 9053 has many problems starting with the top and bottom blades, Don't take this out on a lite winded day or you will be bring back whats left after it hits the ground given that this big 450 size outdoor helicopter needs a non windy day to fly it.The blade are not stiff enough to hold it in the air without hitting each other. I have ordered parts twice Blades and blade grip set. can't keep wasting money. When Purchased the new blade grip set for the DH 9053 it was just as thin as the one that broke, Need to use a lite weight metal or carbon for parts.The tail end of heli is heavy, Tail blades could be better don't produce enough lift even when you put it in fast mode. This big metal bird gets off the ground pretty well but the 2-motors that powers the blades are easily over worked making them too hot to touch and can also burn out the circuit board. Battery needs improving. There are a lot of customer Mods you can see on Youtube, If you already have the DH9053 learn from it and move up a class or two. Double Horse just came out with the DH 9100 a Single blade set up and a very nice tail Assembly that controls direction and a servo for forward fight. looks to be more bang for my bucks. Will let you guys Know.

OK first I'd like to start by informing folks I am not new to thee sport of RC Heli's. So with that being said, I want to let you all know I have many hours into this hobby from Nitro to 3D. I bought this to basically have fun and not care if I crash it or not LOL. Out of the box this is not an easy toy to fly. I definitely would say no to a beginners choice. It is tail heavy has serious rotor strike issues which do cause it to crash and it is large enough to hurt some one or household pets.



I modified it right off. This is my preference and do not recommend you do this as it voids your warranty. And also can make the toy extremely hard to control if you are not at least a Novice pilot. After my mods it is very agile and fast. It maneuvers with lightening speed as well. However as stated I so not recommend modifications of any type nor are they endorsed by and manufacturer or Amazon itself. If you want to mid yours there are numerous videos on You Tube to watch and I will be adding one of my own soon. as well as flights with the Volition.



At the price I paid for this gem it is worth every penny if you do not mind some mod work and be sure to get extra main blades and a few tail blades. I also will tell you one mod requires a pair of connect buckles and a balance shaft from an 9077. this eliminates most of the blade strike and is shorter and lighter.



my user ID on You tube is nhsledfreak: look for the video soon within the next few weeks I hope too have one up to show you this heli can be made to fly stable and fast or slow and have lots of fun doing so.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rc Helicopter Rc Helicopter Rc Helicopter