Sunday 11 April 2010

Mobile Scanner - document scanner, scanner


I decided to go fully digital with my receipts, leases, statements, etc. I initially bought a Fujitsu ScanSnap, which took me 30 minutes to realize it simply wasn't working (DOA I suppose). I then discovered Doxie, which costs a third of the ScanSnap, plus it's lighter, smaller, portable, and much more pleasant to look at while it sits on my desk.



Their software is a little funky, with the hearts and all, but it's also very lightweight and effective software. It hooks into many great applications and web services, and the company seems to be adding more every few months. If you use Evernote for your personal information control, then Doxie is great.



Overall, if you want to digitize your documents, this thing kicks ass. It's fast and small and very pretty. Doxie, the amazing scanner for documents

I got a Doxie because it's so portable.



It powers entirely though the USB, so if you have a laptop you could basically use it anywhere. I used it once in a hotel once, and once in my university library, both for sending documentation that needed to be rushed. But mostly I scan receipts and goofy stuff like forms from my insurance company.



It's been reliable, but the one time it was acting up, the support people were quick and efficient.

Easy set up and super simple to use. Works perfectly with our Mac network. Great scanner for personal use. We are scanning the mountain of paperwork everyone keeps because they think they might need it someday, and shredding the hard copies. It's safer not having those account numbers lying around and much easier to actually find what you are looking for when you scan and file with the Doxie.

I love this scanner! It was a breeze to set up and has been so easy to use that my two year old has been 'helping' me scan in his preschool papers! It's been working perfectly for me. I've had no trouble with the automatic paper feed and I've scanned in about 50+ pages so far today and it's been working like a dream. I liked the fact that it didn't come with software or a seperate storage/organization system for the uploads since the whole reason for me getting a document scanner was to be able to pare-down and de-clutter! I've been quickly and easily uploading to Google Docs and Evernote; that way I'll always have access to these precious papers wherever I am but they won't be taking up valuable storage space in my house. Great product!

Clients were beginning to complain about the quality of our faxes so I needed a scanning solution--fast. Given that I already have a laptop, printer, copier, fax machine, phone and all the other kinds of stuff you jam into your space I wanted something that wouldn't take up much room.



Enter the Doxie. It's like the size of a ruler. And you just plug into your puder so no need to find yet another outlet (my power cords are full up already.)



It took me about four seconds to get going--it's like an Apple product in terms of how easy they make it. And the price is killer too.



I highly recommend this product!

Who knew I could love a peripheral like a scanner? Pas moi. After my printer-scanner bit the dust I bought several printer-scanner devices and returned each because the scanning software was a mess. I mostly use the scanner so I re-thought my shopping strategy and bought a Doxie because it was lightest. (I travel quite a bit so lightweight is important.) The software is easy to use. I scan once and rotate the output image (click the -o- icon in the upper right corner) to neaten it up so I don't worry about crooked output. The images are always excellent.

This scanner is great, easy to use and scans photos with great resolution. It's great to bring to work instead of fighting over the main scanner. The logo and pink make it seem feminine but get over it, its a scanner, and a damn good one, especially for Mac. It can send photos directly to Ilife. Great product.

This is a great little scanner. It's tiny, which I appreciate. I don't have a desk, and since it's tiny it's that much easier to store and to set up on my living room side table. I love that it's USB powered, as that means there's just the one cord. It seems to me it's much faster to scan multi-page documents than on my old flatbed scanner, and the quality is great. Every once in a while the feeder won't quite grab onto something, but usually within a couple of tries it'll get the page, and then sucks it right through. This is extremely portable so if you need to travel with a document scanner, this might be the one for you.

As I was getting this scanner set up and installing the software, I had a feeling I was really going to like it. Unfortunately, a problem showed up from from the first scan. Although the paper fed in smoothly and went through straight, the image was askew or tilted. I tried it with different copies and using different ways of holding the paper as I fed it in, but the problem was consistent. Every scan was out of line to the right by a few degrees.



I emailed tech support about the problem and was basically told I wasn't feeding the paper in straight (I was, as I had explained.) Also, I tried looking around on the company's support discussion board, but didn't find a solution. I did see a few other mentions of problems of this sort, so it may be an issue with either the scanner or the software.



I ended up having to return it to Amazon for a refund. It's too bad because it otherwise seems to be a nice little scanner that I would have enjoyed using. I especially liked the software--it seems well designed and very user-friendly and straightforward.



So I'm going to try a Fugitsu Scansnap S1100--still have my 2 inch high stack of tax documents sittting here on my desk waiting to be scanned. :-/

I already owned a flatbed scanner, but it is such a hassle to scan, edit, and save. Doxie is clearly directed to a female population, which I don't mind, and is ridiculously easy to use. One button is all you need. Editing and saving is also effortless, and you can send your documents straight to programs like Evernote. I use it for everything from tax documents, receipts, and medical records to magazine articles and recipes. - Mobile Scanner - Portable Scanner - Scanner - Document Scanner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mobile Scanner - document scanner, scanner portable scanner Mobile Scanner - document scanner, scanner