Wednesday 7 April 2010

Earbud Headphones - headphones, apple


It all started well over a year ago when I first bought my iPod, I recieved the shiny, white apple earbuds that came with it. Although they skimped on audio quality (big time), it made up for in comfort and looks. It was one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn, and after the 40th minute or so, you start feeling the discomfort, but with these, its less of it. They also feel great when pushed up against a pillow as I sleep with music on often. Basically, they feel and look great.



Yes, 14 monthes ago, the apple ear buds are probably one of the best, if not THE best pair of head phones I've ever used. But somewhere during the 10-11th month, they slowly started to break down. 4 months later, they have turned from breaking down to a pile of taped-together crap. It was time to get new ones.



I started carousing the site for ear buds, time after time I was led back to the trademark Apple ones for their known quality in design. Seeing as they were priced at 6.99USD I was thrilled and immediately ordered them.



That's pretty much the end of my happiness, upon receiving my new pair of supposedly "Apple" ear buds, I instead receive this utter piece of foreign scum. They feel generic, cheap, and used. The grippy parts of the Apple ear buds are replaced by aged rubber thats long lost its friction. On top of that, these feel as if they were custom modifications of a shoddy mafia man working out of his garage with nothing but used earphones found in the trash coupled with decade-old piano wire wrapped in saran. They no longer carry the signature comfort of Apple's ear buds, and their appearance was a half-hearted attempt at emulation. THIS PRODUCT IS a humiliation and a shame to Apple. (I doubt that such shoddiness would ever be approved by Apple, for that matter I doubt they are even aware that their name is being tarnished in such blatent poor taste and that the producers of this product, whom was most definitely NOT Apple Inc. is using it's name to fool it's customers into falsely relating this trash product to the quality that Apple is known for).



The point of this review is that for what I've gotten, from the vendor "MyGift," at 6.99, should have been worth 3.99 for it's relative lack of quality of which I expected from an Apple product (if it is indeed a legit Apple product). As a consumer I feel fooled into buying something I thought had quality, but ultimately didn't. Also, as a consumer I feel obliged to watch out for my fellow consumers to not make the same mistake I did in falling for this riotous lie. Do not be fooled or enticed by the low price, as you end up getting less than what you paid for, as you should invest your money elsewhere.



While I cannot speak on behalf of the other vendors, I am certain MyGift is 100% NOT the place to go to buy Apple earbuds (as due to their piss-poor quality, it will start falling apart by next week, or maybe even month, if I'm lucky), nor would I suggest doing business with them for any other product.



MyGift: Either shape up your product or take the "Apple" out of the name, you've gone tarnishing their reputation for long enough. Apple In-Ear Headphones (White)

Everyone knocks these, but I think they sound pretty good for the price. You just can't get really good earbuds in this range. Yes, there's not much bass, but they are bright and clear compared to the competition. Unfortunately, they hurt to wear. When I do find an almost comfortable fit, they fall out. Completely useless for exercise and not good for long listening. Somebody should make covers for these -- like the ear jams (which do not fit the new earbuds).



Update: After time, these get more comfortable -- or perhaps I figured out a better way to wear them. Those who say the sound is bad have not tested similarly priced buds. None are great in this price-range, but these are more than adequate for most listeners and better than most. True, bass is limited, but that's mostly the type of bud. You'll get better bass with a plug that fits into your ear canal -- although not from one this price.

i've been using this for 2 yrs. About 2 wks ago, the sound in the right ear bud became thinner. But 2 yrs is not bad, especially since is not expensive. They fit into my ear well, never falls out while i'm working out. The sound quality is not bad, if u r not very particular about getting the ear bud with the best sound, this one definitely works. Overall i like it, i'm getting another one. - Apple - Headphones - Ipod Accessories - Earphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Earbud Headphones - headphones, apple ipod accessories Earbud Headphones - headphones, apple